SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 am

Crackpot theory that may be totally wrong: Mikaila is (at least partly) responsible for the state Duane is in for the rest of the story.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Not too crackpot of a theory! Lots of other people I read where thinking the same way as well XD I'm sure it's not going to be far off from what whatever happens to him. I mean 1.) We did get a peek at her life and how she uses pymary. 2.) She is WITH her father during this attack

I'm sure the two things are going to mix together SOMEhow some way haha. But also - there is still a little brother hiding out around here following them mayhaps!? Still not tooo sure how this is all gonna go down. At least it almost looks like Duane's already down for the count HRM.

...Unless you mean mentality wise in which case, yes. Mikaila is why Duane is overcome by fatherly instincts to try to teach Sette the error of her ways and constantly wanting to spank her bottom! XD
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Naw, I did mean physically-wise XD For pretty much the reasons you mentioned-- it was seriously the first thing I thought when I saw the final panel of the newest page (with her teary face watching Duane). Untrained but powerful tacit caster + severe emotional distress = SHENANIGANS?? It'd certainly explain the choice to open the chapter with her botching that two-toe glamour (not that the scene would be pointless otherwise, it gave a pretty good look at the family dynamic and also was adorable, but if that was all Ashley wanted to show us she could have done any number of other things)

I think it's been pretty clearly established by now in the comic itself that Duane sees a lot of his daughter in Sette, that part isn't so much a crackpot theory as The Text, haha.

Last edited by varethane on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Man though, the part that I'm awaiting is to see if my crackpot theory is ever going to happen. In which I bet after we get back to Sette and Duane story, and they get even deeper into trouble thanks to Sette wantin' to impress her dear Da. It's going to get to a point, where something intense is going to happen. And Sette's going to have to make a choice between her Da and Duane. And I fear she will still choose her Da. (BUT HOPEFULLY REDEEM HERSELF LATER!?)

I don't even know if that's even a crackpot theory. The only things leading me to believe its a possibility are the clues that show us Da has something more in mind than what Sette thinks. And we know he isn't past double crossing. It's just something my GUT IS BETTING ON. That we're going to be building up to. And it's going to be even more dramatic and intense than sad Duane past story heeuhheehueeh
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:28 am

Sette has already chosen Nary over Duane, and has been from the start. It's been established pretty clearly that she doesn't even think of Duane as a person, but rather as a tool to be used-- she has never hesitated to put him in harm's way or ignore his desires and lie to him if it means getting closer to her goal. But I also feel like there's a good chance of that changing... who knows?

And I don't think that Mikaila being responsible for Duane's current state is crackpot at all. (The two-toe glamour scene showed that she has a poor understanding of how aspects and pymary actually work, for all her innate power, and we have seen what unintended effects pymaric accidents can cause.) She tries to save him, and ends up binding his soul to his dead body instead....
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:15 am

Yeah, well I'm hoping when it comes to it it will at least be a LITTLE be of a struggle and hesitant before she sides with her Da XD But also though, I'm thinking of the extremes when it will come to choose. Like if she doesn't choose Duane something AWFUL will happen to him. 'Cause even if she loved her Da more I don't think she'd be up to agreeing to something bad happenin' to Duane though. So it'd be a nice struggle to see between the little morals that she DOES have and her loyalty to her Da heeehee

Also did you guys see this preview on tumblr yet?

I think our theory is very very close to becoming canon soon haha
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:39 am

haha, that comment xD
/totally does that too <_< >_>
(but um, keep in mind that she works waaaaayyy ahead... that page may be weeks or even months away yet.)

I feel like up to the current point in the story, Sette is cocky and overconfident and doesn't understand the consequences of her actions. And she doesn't respect Duane enough to listen when he tries to explain that there ARE consequences.... perhaps her journey into the khert will help her realise?
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:21 am

Ohhh yes, these are probably like still a long time away haha XD Apparently from her tumblr notes she's working on a beheading scene too haha.

And yes yes - I don't see this happening until WAY later still. Like, I'm imagining it might even be one of final big intense moments for the story since it's going to be all based on all the moral lessons/character development learnin' she's done with Duane. And she still hasn't suffered all of her consequences of her actions yet heheh

I've been waiting for like a spanking from Duane since the page in which she brought him into the city XD But she keeps digging herself deeper and deeper, I think Duane'll need a better time out plan than that now haha...(IF SHE HASN'T COMPLETLEY BROKEN HIM FOR THAT ffff gosh)
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:06 pm

I suspect that image is from the next chapter, since this one will probably be ending pretty soon (100 pages so far! ._. ) and then we'll be looking at another month's hiatus.

Yeah when they entered the city I was expecting to have a scene where she gets in trouble with Duane when he wakes up for bringing him there (she was expecting it too, judging by her dialogue as she opened the door of the brothel room)-- but I think at this point the consequences of her actions have snowballed so far out of control that any punishment he could mete out in his conscious state would be laughably unnecessary.

I hope he's not broken for good :C Though judging by the preview image linked above, we'll be getting morose-and-conscious-undead Duane back at some point.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Unless the preview is for Duane checkin' out his fresh new zombie hand for the very first time XD But then that'd be a very long flashback too.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:27 am

Haha, a super-long flashback. XD I'm pretty sure that the pages she's poking at right now are for the next chapter, since (IIRC) she completed all of this chapter's pages during the last hiatus. I.... am mostly sure the flashback will end around the close of the chapter.

.....Mostly sure.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:57 am

theory...... still seeming plausible....... nggaaaaahhhhhh D8
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 am

Duane will be getting the best father's day gift!
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:00 am

The gift of........ unlife D8
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:12 am

.....Ah...!

D:

I was wrong, I got no idea. 8C
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:55 am

Don't you hate it when that happens tho.........

Usually its the opposite XD Children seeing their parents off and them growing up to become Batmans.

I-it's just a flesh wound. She could still be alive... ish... for a while maybe... cast one more spell. Meh! That was an interesting near death experience he had there though. Maybe she becomes important in the spirit-memories-based world they have? XD
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:13 am

oh noooooo D:

I really thought she would survive too... guess that's all my theories debunked. (unless that was less lethal than it looked? I suppose it could always be yet another red herring...)
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 am

Aw man I really wanted her to survive :'C
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:03 pm

In the words of Ashley, "At least he didn't eat her" XD........

((yet))
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Th-the vote incentive..... it's toying with us.... :C
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:51 pm

asdyfiasdfhoasdafsgasdfvdas
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:24 am

Okay guys, conspiracy theory time. We've started to figure out Duane's backstory now, but Sette is still a mystery. Is there any clues that have been mentioned that might help us figure out who her mother could have been?

'Cause right now.......... I'm thinking her ma is probably...

A lion.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm inclined to think she was either deliberately created/altered, or a weird unintended byproduct of something. (and Ashley said there are no more lions in Unsounded-verse because they were hunted to extinction)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Gasp oh no.... her mother was the last of the lions and they KILLED HER!!

Sette needs to have some pups of her own someday so the lion blood can live on XD

.....If she can survive long enough to even consider havin' kids someday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: