SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Haha yesss those relationships are great! (one of my favourite types to write, too xD )
(I've seen... very few disney cartoons, or really any cartoons at all; I didn't really have TV as a kid so what I've seen is limited to what I've found time to watch as an adult.)
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:55 am

My family didn't have cable so my tv-watching habits were restricted to local networks, which meant primarily Canadian stuff (although one of said networks had some kinda deal with WB so they'd run DCAU cartoons on the weekends, which is how I got to watch all the Batman cartoons and Justice League Unlimited and such). I recently dug up Gargoyles though and OMG I wish I coulda seen it as a kid because it's amaaaazing, I would have loved the hell out of it and I was even in the perfect age group when it was being released 8C Sadface!

.......ummm anyway.

Smoke eels aaaaaaaahhhh D8
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:53 am

Gargoyles! Oh yes! A show I loved but was never able to catch it episode-by-episode as a kid so i was constantly CONFUSED about the plot and what even was going on XD But I DO remember it appealed to me, oooh I need to watch it all in order now some day~!

And hahah yeah.. just talking about cartoooons in this chat while we stare helplessly at Duane doin' what Duane do best - savin' his widdle girls from DANGEROUS SITUATIONS.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:27 am

disney has all the episodes of gargoyles up for streaming! but bewaaare the auto-play, it put some of them in the wrong order when I was watching...

But yes... I'm really curious about the smoke eels! (And I distinctly remember someone asking but I can't remember what she said in reply... which would be really frustrating except I suspect it was 'lol nope that's a spoiler!')
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:31 am

All those smoke eels in the chapter two cover man... I don't know what their deal is but, they're obviously not a good thing to have around XD
(I think they might even be what got sendin' Sette on a trip through Duane's shadow! >>)
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:40 am

it would seem to be that way!
....now I need to reread that scene.

......also whoa I just noticed, the stained-glass windows in Rahm's house have the bird that Sette meets in the khert in them. ._.
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_06.html
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_38.html

(and yeah they go diving into his shadow after Sette opens the window, so they seem to be responsible.)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Ooh heheh yes I've noticed it was the same bird right away XD Kind of hard to miss a multiple breasted crow.. anywhere it may show up >n>
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:14 am

LOOKS LIKE you're probably going to be right Dusk. Lookit that sad daughter face already. Gonna forever think daddy doesn't approve of her 'cause it was the last thiiinng they ever-oohnoooooooo
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:58 am

From what I can deduce from poking around, his upcoming promotion won't go as planned, either.... whatever happens there, it is likely that we're witnessing his last evening with his family. IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE EEEEENNNND.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:35 am

Ffggosh XD In other Unsounded related news - every time time The Cave comes on my playlist I always think of it being Duane's song in terms of his thoughts towards Sette eeehehe.

SOMEday when I'm not working on 101 projects at once, I wanna make an extremely dumb and silly fanimation for unsounded along to this song buahaha.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:50 am

Pity it's not in flowery purple prose; then it would be FLAWLESS.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 am

"YOUR ACTIONS CRUSH MY SOUL!!!"
Last words he ever heard from his daughter.

MAYBEH. Haha
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 am

omg....... this is going to hurt so bad when we see what comes next x_x I am trying to brace myself and not get too attached but I CAN'T HELP MYSELF they are so cute D:

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:25 am

Oh no he called her an imp and I GUESS SHE IS A TROUBLE MAKER WOW...... a big one.

Also Duane has to kiss a Crescian. I think that is the true purpose of this update.

((it also makes me wonder just... WHY Duane felt so obliged to Sette's Da to watch over Sette. I KNOW there's a connection somehow to her and his daughter.. I wonder if it's MORE than.. she just reminds him of her. HMmmmmmmmmmmmmm))
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:07 am

I don't think Sette and Mikaila are connected beyond whatever similarities Duane sees between them. I just don't see any evidence to support that sort of theory? (Though if you're seeing something I'm not I'd love to hear it!)

...And well, Nary threatened to reveal Duane's nature if he didn't accompany Sette, but Duane has stated that he cares about Sette's well-being and would have accompanied her regardless. There are a lot of hints that Sette wasn't treated very well.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 am

Dunnoo, dunnooo~ The only thing that struck a cord for me was 36 in chapter three when Duane says "And he knew... I would help you"

It just seemed like HMMM how much doesss her da know. Did he jump into some smoke eel's and see all of Duane's past too. IS THERE SOME DEEPER CONNECTIONS HERE.

it's mostly just speculation XD But I've just got a gut feeling it might be more than similarities~ ((Especially now that I know Mikaila was a trouble maker too! I figured just having a daughter himself would make Duane sensitive to wanting to help Sette out but hmmmmmmmmmmm!!! I be smellin' I rat. Or more likely a smoke eel.))
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 5:30 am

Bastion might've known something more and tipped him off, I suppose, but I just don't see any potential for a direct connection at this point. (Perhaps I have too much lit-analysis training to speculate without solid textual evidence?)
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 pm

I finally went and read this since you three keep talking about it. It's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:42 am

Hehehehehegooood! Welcome to the gang 8'3 just in time to watch Duane's life fall apart with us!
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:31 am

OH NO GUYS. He's crying. What's going on? Someone explain to me. What's going on here. War talk is always so hard for me to follow haha. Except is this tear war related. Is it cries cause he did something. Or cries cause he's gonna do something. Or cries cause Duane just made the fricken most amazing rainbow ever and how can you not cry when you see something like that!?

They kind of just had a brother moment and I'm trying to get sad about this flashback now haha. Especially since I'm pretty sure bro is the one we saw in the flashback super early on in the comic.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:29 pm

It seems likely that Lem knows or suspects that something horrible is about to happen to Duane, and he knows he can do nothing to prevent it.

What part were you having trouble with? Bodie is proposing sending the weeping plague into a Gefendur province to even out the population disparity (the plague is contained in Fachlyne, which is primarily Ssaelit; this has caused a drop in Ssaelit population and subsequent political uheaval with the Gefendur demanding more council seats to reflect the difference). Duane is opposed, but Bodie is one of the members of Vits (ie, one of the four ruling members of Alderode). So it would be similar to punching your Prime Minister/President/ruling lord. Duane is correct that it's a poor move but he's in a poor place to say so, given his caste and social/economic standing.

In short Duane doesn't seem to have a very good understanding of the risks here and is blithely defending his moral code, likely at the cost of his life; Lemuel does understand but is probably afraid to say too much (and/or knows Duane is too stubborn to listen). Possibly Lemuel wants to stay out of it so that whatever happens to Duane, he will be able to protect Duane's family.
(...I just had a horrible thought about Lemuel being forced to kill Duane and actually agreeing to do it through some deal that would make sure Duane's family was preserved safely and sfdyhgsfdfvbk....)

DUANE YOUR DEATH IS IMMINENT AAAAHHH.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Right right, I see now what my biggest problem is. My biggest problem is the names XD All of these places, and names of all the important counsel members and such. I can't keep up with all of them, nor the locations of all these places, so it all just go over my head hahah.

I've been poking through the comments though and have come to find it's safe to assume Duane is in big trouble now.

But I mean... IT'S NOT LIKE HE'S GONNA DIE OR ANYTHING RIGHT?

XD
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Waaaaauuugugghhhhh I do not know exactly what is coming next but I am starting to see the shape of it and it makes me sad :C

......also OMG sky you might be right about the earlier flashback D8 oh no lemon nooooooooo

Horrible things happening to ALL OF THE PEOPLE.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:53 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

D8
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:33 am

Ahhhahahah... all I'm gonna say is. IT'S ABOUT TIME.

How fast is this flashback playing for Sette anyways. XD I heard from some comments she might not even be understanding as much as we are because they're all talking in a language she doesn't understand? That was must have been like... a very boring beginning of a flashback for her - especially at the political debate part hehe.

Least now we're at the part where no words are needed to explain whats going down 8'3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: