SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:53 am

Unsounded is a most excellent webcomic about a loquacious dead guy and a betailed thief brat! Go read it HERE!

This thread is for talking about it, because it is excellent.
(Obviously discussion = spoilers, so read the comic before the thread!)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:59 am

Ahahaha yes good...!

I wonder if Sette will treat Duane differently after this (probably going to be SUPER 'FUN') flashback we're looking into right now~

Or try to but fail because she's Sette and being touchy feeling is hard stuff.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:15 am

I just wonder how they're gonna get out of the khert :X (Does Duane's appearance mean he is back in control-ish of himself? Or is his dream self/soul/whatever inside the khert with Sette while meanwhile his body is still rampaging around the brothel room? How are they gonna get out of the khert? Will Murkoph follow them somehow? Ghaaaahhhhhh once they do get out they will have to deal with the mess in that room somehow--- also was Duane the monster Rahm was referring to or did the Red Berry Boys bring something even worse in with them????

WHAT HAPPENED TO DUANE)
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 am

I do feel like she's changing towards him... I think she really does care, though she'd probably pretend not to.

(And it did seem like Duane could be the monster-- or it could also be the spelled silver that feeds on pain? The silver seems to be the bigger threat, though we don't yet know what its uses are...)

(It's been stated that blood makes him crazy; he probably can't get back into control very easily now that he's lost it... I assume that's why he didn't wake up at any rate.)

But Duaaaaane ;3;
/feelings
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:40 am

Yeah XD MAN SETTE I guess I can't put too much blame on you since you were probably pretty drowsy getting drugged like you were. But letting that man go into the room with Duane being zombie Duane and hoping he'd just "tie him up" ahhhhhhh

Sometimes you forget she really is just a kid~

But yeah XD I'm sure they'll get out SOMEHOW someway. I'm more worried about all the trouble she seems to keep blissfully causing in there. Was she really helping those babies crying out for help? What chaos is Murkoph gonna cause now?

OH SETTE! Stirring up all the trouble. My stomachs been uneasy since she the moment I realized she really was still going to bring him into that town he beeegged and pleaded her not to go into. AFTER ALL THAT BEGGING AND PLEADING AHHHh oh Sette...

Sure causes enough trouble to keep the story super interesting I guess at least XD
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 am

Well, she didn't have much of a choice-- she knew the dude was tailing her (she left a message for him and had him sent to the room) and she must have known by that point that she was tranquilised and in no shape to defend herself... it probably seemed like a good idea at the time? xD;;;
(and well, with the amulet thing that lets her give zombie Duane orders, she needs to concentrate on the command... and she was not in a state to be concentrating on anything.)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:47 am

Oh yes I know! XD Her reasoning was sound at the time, but I admired how it was both sad and adorable that she really did think for a moment he wouldn't end up... as a bloody mess on the carpet, HEE

Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 pm

IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIIIIME

I am pretty sure Sette does care about Duane, but it'd be hard for her to deny the fact that he isn't human on account of... well, she sees him every night, so presumably she's already more familiar with this side of him than the reader (though she is also used to him being totally docile).

The silver is the threat we know nothing about, but yeah, it probably will prove to be the Bigger Threat overall-- but that might not have been what Rahm was referring to; we know a little more about Duane and we like him (we do, right???? I do, anyway D8), but not enough to totally dismiss him as the threat :X We still don't know what he IS, what differentiates him from the plods, how he's retained his tacit casting ability even after death when it's been specifically mentioned being a rare ability...

Duaaaane ;A; at least we know his conscious self is still around...... if... not actually in his body... (and what's with that bird? Did it fetch him somehow??)

aaaaahnhhhh I just have too many feeeeelings
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Now we all just get to sit around and wait... wait and watch his sad family past, the title of this chapter, crush our hearts even more and fall even more hopelessly in love with poor tormented Duane 8'I
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:47 pm

nnnngghhhh yes feeeelings
(of course we like Duane, who couldn't like Duane???)

but yeah... it's implied that undead don't normally retain their identity at all, and can't speak, let alone use things like pymary... Duane and Murkoph are a mysteryyy

(and she definitely is very familiar with his zombie self; there was a line way back in chapter one where she talks about his face.)
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 pm

feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings ;A;

Damn I just cannot get over how brilliantly set up this backstory reveal is. It could have been boringly revealed as a prologue or anywhere else in the plot, sure, but no-- it had to happen HERE, while everyone's attention is thoroughly hooked and we all already know the gist of what's going to happen* but we can't look away regardless.

BACKSTORY: UR DOIN IT RITE

*horrible, horrible things :T
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Yeah, and it was really cool not knowing anything about Duane at the beginning... the backstory wouldn't have had the same meaning and tragedy without the juxtaposition of the scenes right before it. Had the story begun with this flashback... I wouldn't have cared.

Tragic backstories have no meaning or emotional value unless the reader is invested in the character.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:22 am

One last smooch you guys. ONE LAST SMOOCH aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The heartbreak. It's coming.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:30 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;A;
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 am

Guuysss.. I think the next page(s) are gonna have some super sweet ADORABLE duane/daughter moments. Followed by a spoonful of death with a pinch of extreme sadness on top! The perfect recipe for flashbacks
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:45 am

Today's page made me laugh so hard xD

(nnnggghhhh I really hope Mikaila is 'MA'; THAT WOULD BE THE MOST ADORABLY HEARTBREAKING THING EVER.)
(.....sky, have you read these? there's 6 total; just replace the '1' at the end of that url with 2-6 to see the others!)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:37 am

Oh man! Where did you find those!? And who is this M.A. person!
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:55 am

They used to be linked off some of the pages as easter eggs-- you know where the little 'index' button is between the forward and back arrows, sometimes instead of 'index' a '...' appears, and that would take you to these extras! (But apparently they don't anymore? Which is why the links I posted are on wayback machine; the originals seem to be broken...)

Aaaanyway, no one knows for sure who MA is! Buuut, she comes from Durlyne, and is Soud, so the speculation is that MA might stand for Mikaila Adelier. (the personalities seem to fit, as well...) If it IS her, it would certainly explain her obsession with the journals... since this loquacious galit shares her dead father's name...
(....either way, it's definitely no coincidence that they share initials, caste, and hometown... Cope is too good to do that by accident, so it's either meant to be her, or it was set up as a brilliant red herring.)

But I really WANT it to be her because sdfgshtjykhgfdsz incoherent too many feelings ;A;
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am

sdguvasdfalsdukjas

Thank you for showing me these Dusk aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

I need more Unsounded in my life.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Hahaha, no problem! Would have shared sooner but I assumed you'd already seen them xD;;

(aaaahh indeed....... need more Unsounded Aspect)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:12 am

Oh no SMOKE EEEEL.

At least Duane is Duane in the most Duane-able-being-able-to-be-himself-Duane way hahah.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 am

I bet his last interaction with Mikaila before he dies is going to be him being hard on her for playing around with pymary. :C AND THEN HE HAS ALL OF THE REGRETS FOR NEVER HAVING THE CHANCE TO RECONCILE.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:58 am

Oh no.... and then.... YEARS INTO THE FUTURE Duane turns into DarkWARRIOR Duck, and gets WAY OUT OF CONTROL with his crime fighting - and everyone is afraid of him - and oh no wait, that is a Darkwingduck episode XD

...if that is the case though I might have to make another DW reference fanart drawing for Duane.. as Darkwarrior Zombie >n>

(Also, let it be know I did find out she was a huge DW fan /assumin' from the Duck versions of Sette and Duane she drew before hee/ and she even started off with DW Fan comics aahhh!!! XD Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!)

Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:22 am

Oh maaaan I completely forgot that she had done those duck comics! (To the extent that I was mildly confused by that duck-versions art, haha.)

It's not a fandom/series that I follow so for a minute there I was just kinda... staring stupidly at your post trying to figure out why suddenly ducks xD;;; derrrrrp.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Heeehee! I ACTUALLY never watched Darkwing Duck much as a kid. EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT I WATCHED ALL THE DISNEY SHOWS I guess that one sort of slipped away some how.

But then I watched it some couple years ago out of plain curiosity. And wow, that show SURE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE A PILOT. ;~; Totally sucked me in, and I recommend watching it someday if you're ever in the mood for some old cartooonns XD

I am a sucker for adoptive child/parent relationships and nngh Darkwing and Gosayln are all sorts of adorable chemistry together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)   Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsounded chatter (may contain spoilers)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: