SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
off-season events? - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
off-season events? - Page 3 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
off-season events? - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
off-season events? - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
off-season events? - Page 3 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
off-season events? - Page 3 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

off-season events?

Go down 
+4
varethane
sky665
aaawhyme
Duskglass
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

Art Gallery : DA
3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

off-season events? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:30 pm

I'm totally up for it! TOTAAALEEEHHY
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

Art Gallery : thewishbunny.deviantart.com
thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Triple S :D
Sounds good to meeeee~

Should be done somewhere late june and mid july because I know some schools don't get out until the very end of June.

Edit;
For the grade schoolers of course.
Most Universities and Colleges are out by May though O:
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Perhaps we could create a new topic with a poll? See how many people are interested and when they prefer it to be... Summer's great because students are out of school but it's also a popular time to schedule Big Vacations.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah, my school finishes in May but it used to go 'til the end of June when I was in grade school. So I might start it mid-June and have the deadline mid or late July? But yes, maybe I'll make a poll... that's a good point that people might be on big vacations and stuff too.

Even if it is smaller a SS than our regular event, it would still be fun I'm sure. My main worry is, every year it gets a little harder to make sure people draw for different people every time (and not get somebody they drew for last year, for example), unless we get a lot of fresh blood. So doing double the secret santas might make that task trickier for me. ^^; And that becomes a bigger deal when there's only a small amount of participants.

I am curious how big of a deal that is for some people? If you got somebody you already drew for three years ago or something would you be upset? (It's easier to make sure you don't draw for the same person as last year but gets harder the further back you go...) I really need to make a chart or something to make it easier on myself, haha.

Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:30 am

I don't mind so much? Most people have a decent selection of options and those might have changed over time. (And we could also ask around and try to recruit a few new people!)
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:33 am

I wouldn't really mind drawing for the same person again if you needed me to. All of the people I have drawn for so far have had characters I like so I wouldn't mind just drawing a different one for them or in a different style or something. Very Happy I think it's only like three people for me anyway, as I was delinquent for a couple of years.

edit: And I have liked all the art I have received a lot too so I'd be happy to get art from any of the people that drew for me before again too.

Don't worry about it too much, as long as it's not the same person EVERY time I think it's ok. XD
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:28 pm

I agree, I wouldn't mind either. ^^ If anything, it would be an interesting challenge.

Maybe for summer you can relax the selection a bit and for winter you can go with your usual way? >< Though it would be nice if we had more new people.
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 am

I don't mind either O:
I can see why drawing for the same people as last year would be weird, but I don't mind that either LOL
But still there is a whole year and we can assume people have updated/gotten better/gotten new characters or you can draw a different character. No big deal.

Maybe as Selini mentioned, we could make the summer one more lax--(maybe just use a randomizer?) o:
That way Kyn can join in on it too.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 am

I do really like the thought that gets put into the selection process, though. It's one of the things that sets ss4a apart from other art-swap events. C:
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:04 am

Me too, but I was just thinking that the summer one should be more lax that way Kyn doesn't have to worry about doing the intensive selection process to both exchanges.

Since SS is our main one, I thought the SSS should be less labor intensive.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:48 am

Haha, no I would never make you draw for the same person over and over. That would be awful. And it's easy to make sure you're not drawing for the same person as last year, but the further back you go the harder it is because I have to go through and check all the old threads. Unfortunately I can't rely on my memory.

That's why I think from now on I'm keeping some sort of chart so I can have an easy way to check. But yeah, I guess drawing for somebody you already did a few years back isn't as big of a deal because you've improved since then and there are usually other options to draw.

As for making the summer one more lax, hmm I'm not sure. If there are less people than during the winter ones, than it will probably end up being slightly more lax in a sense; I find the less people there are the harder to keep everyone happy, oddly enough. ^^; (Since there are less options.) But I honestly don't mind doing the extra work. I have a fun time with it. It would be cool if there was some way to magically include myself in it but even with a randomizer I think that's impossible to do and keep it secret at the same time. XD
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:18 am

How about this?
If we end up doing a randomizer, I'll do the selection process for summer :D
I don't think I could do what you do with the christmas selection process without crying D: I'm not that patient

BUT I CAN TOTALLY WORK WITH A RANDOMIZER (even a funny duddy like me can do that)

That way you can be in the exchange for summer. <3
I'm going to be moving this summer anyway so I'll be busy, probably won't have time to do a piece.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Aww, I appreciate that wishbunny. That's so nice of you to volunteer! Very Happy But to be honest I might not be able to participate this summer anyhow, even if I could. It depends on a lot of things and there is a good chance I'll be moving as well. I can still organize the SS but I'm not sure I'd have time to do my best work as far as drawing goes.

Maybe I'll get to participate next winter. I know Selini expressed interest in possibly swapping roles for one year. XD But it will depend on a lot of things. We'll see how it goes. Smile

(And like I said, organizing it can be just as fun as participating, hehe. I find the only non-enjoyable part of the job is chasing people who disappear and don't submit their art... uhg it can be beyond frustrating when you see people read your PMs but they still ignore you.)
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Well, whatever method feels best to you, Ky. ^^ We just want you to have a good time too. x3 Though it would be nice if we could find some way for you to participate with everyone.

And yes, I still stand by the switching roles thing. *^*
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Thanks Selini. Smile I always do have a good time! Seeing everybody happy with their art in the end makes it worth it.

Also, I'm thinking I'll make a thread with a poll a bit later, maybe in a month or two. By then people might have a better idea then as to whether they'll be able to participate or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

off-season events?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: