SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Share Your Finished Illustrations!

Go down 
+9
Zamorack
Mashimizu
sky665
Selini
Moesph
aaawhyme
Kynale
varethane
Duskglass
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:02 am

Nope! Not crazy at all XD That is in fact, mlp hehe.

Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:14 am

Skyyy don't you or anyone else feel bad about posting your art here >:U
(Really though I like your style, it's super cute! Simplicity or 'plainness' isn't a bad thing; it certainly doesn't make the art any less worthy of showing off. C: )
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:23 am

Finished it! :DDD
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Ascend_by_phantomteacup-d5tb7p2
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:34 pm

I drew a thing!

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Beach_by_varethane-d5sijxb
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 pm

those are seriously gorgeous everyone *_*

Varethane, dat water igmfkjsdf beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:13 am

Oops, I haven't posted here in forever. But I just want to say everybody's art is absolutely fantastic.

And varethane, I can't stop admiring that water, wow. The ripples are so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 am

The painting I did for Sky's contest!
These guys are just TOO CUTE AAAAAHHH
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Hugs_by_phantomteacup-d5w4xi8
(I wanted to get Val in too but couldn't figure out how, so I decided she escaped the hugpile and is off somewhere else reading and thinking they are all super silly! And poor Nic wasn't fast enough to escape. xD )
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 pm

They are so cutes omg ;3;

I finished a commission last night! Not counting the sketch stage (which was super rough), it took about 2 and a half hours in total to finish; I'm pretty pleased with it.

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 SWTOR_commish_2_zps2882c6e2
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:10 am

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Void_by_phantomteacup-d5xz4i0
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:49 am

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Castle_in_the_sand_by_aaawhyme-d60cq6n

Sorry for my lack of posting, guyz. Here is what I worked on today. I want to get better at my speed painting. gfkdshfk. I got a job as a concept artist for a game book, and I want to do well :3

anywho, this is a picture of where my character's- Garanzo (his castle is in the distance)
and Argo (lives in the sand of the desert) live in.

Very Happy I don't mind if anyone wants to critique the pic, I want to get better at quick painting.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 pm

That is really great, aaawhyme! Looks like such a cool setting and the dramatic lighting looks really good. Very Happy

And I've been neglecting to comment here lately but everyone's art is fantastic as usual. I admire all your work. <3
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Congratulations on the illustration job! (Don't worry about not posting as much; work's got to come first C: )

My main crit would be that the edges of the dunes and rocks look a bit fuzzy-- not as much of a problem for the stuff in the distance, where it would be obscured by dust and haze, but it looks a little odd on the closer objects where the haze would be thinner. (The problem is mostly the brush you used for highlighting, I think-- using textured brushes is a great way to give the illusion of detail in a speedpaint, but you don't want it bleeding over between shapes.)
Other than that, the composition is solid, and I really like the palette you used. :>

I've been pretty busy with things other than art, so only one new thing since my last post:
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 2013-04-01
(I made this one for an april fools' gag; it went up on FM and Chirault with an announcement that we would be making a collaborative minicomic about tree-zombie showdowns. B-movie posters are great fun!)
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:03 am

thanks guys! :3
Okay, sharper brushes in the foreground, got it! Very Happy
I'm stressing out about this job as well, as I'm worried they are going to expect too much of my character designing and environment skillz, that I disappoint them in the long run ;A; so I gotta get better REAL FAST. xD

woaahh, movie poster! you almost had me fooled. xD I love the teeth and zeh blood! April fools is such a good excuse for fun art! xD
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Awww don't stress too much. They have seen your portfolio I assume so they should know what skill level you are at. o: You have done some really nice environment drawings and your character designs are interesting, you'd be great at doing monster designs.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:23 am

I agree with the points made by the others about the speedpaint-- if I have any other comments, it's that you could try using colour more within the image-- putting some subtle blues into the shadows of the shapes in the foreground, and desaturating the colours as they recede into the distance.

And, I agree with Mashi. (: If they hired you, it means they want you to do work at least as good as what's in the portfolio you showed them. You should absolutely keep trying to improve and to use this project to learn more and hone your skills further, but don't freak yourself out and get too stressed about it.

Also, I intended to post this after I finished it as I posted the WIP sketch in here, but forgot for ages. XD Here it is now!

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Drip_by_varethane-d5yxgu6

goooooore
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:22 am

Well I've had to look up a bunch of armor research in the past day, and I feel I've already gotten heaps better at drawing big burly men in armor, haha xD It's true, I really want to draw more monsters! fsdkfhs waharhar

Wow, Verethane, that is TOTALLY AWESOME I love how the blood drips down to your name! really unique picture! *_* love it!
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Weeewooo!

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Extraction_by_varethane-d631gci

:D
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 pm

@Varethane: So awesome, I have no words. *o*

Everyone's art here is just so cool. Keep it up, guys. >w<b
Back to top Go down
Zamorack

Zamorack

Art Gallery : http://the-paige-meister.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:52 pm

So I was seeing how well I could draw and paint something in a thirty minute time frame and this was born.

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 SwampDragon
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:40 am

Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Deveraux_by_phantomteacup-d6547aq
gift for a friend :>
Back to top Go down
TopSpinTheFuzzy

TopSpinTheFuzzy

Art Gallery : http://topspinthefuzzy.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/TopSpinTheFuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 5:25 pm

You folks make me wish I had talent. :C
Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:09 pm

....okay I'll just leave this here because I have a lot of feelings about 'talent'. (I'd apologise for the textwall except I'm not actually sorry at all.)

Talent is, ultimately, not important. While some artists may in fact be truly 'talented', most of us got to where we are now by working hard and never giving up. We've spent years drawing, and doing so incessantly, and we improve because we are determined to. And anyone can get there. (I'm not saying 'talent' doesn't exist, but not every 'good' artist has a natural talent or 'gift'.... and from what I've observed, it's only a very tiny minority who do.) You can't know just by looking at someone's art whether they are naturally good or whether they are good because they refused to give up and actively sought to broaden their skillset and stuck with it even when it was hard and even when they received no feedback or encouragement and even when they might have hated their style and technique. Not everyone makes it through those rough spots; many people try drawing and get frustrated and give up, and those are usually the people who assume they're lacking some ability that Real Artists all possess. Assuming that every Great Artist has talent is, by extension, disregarding the hard work that artist put in-- I see people saying this a lot, and while I'm sure it's never their intention to imply that Art Is Easy... all I hear when someone says 'talent' is 'you were born good'. (This sort of mindset is also harmful to artists who rely on their work for income because it encourages the idea that art doesn't require skill, or that it's effortless for an artist to make pieces; it's the reason behind all those people who will say 'why should I pay you that much? you would be drawing anyway; you're lucky to be making anything at all!' Making art takes time and effort, and learning how to make art takes exponentially more time and effort.)

I can't speak for everyone but when I started drawing (at 3 or 5 or however old I was) it was all crappy stick figures and chunky awkward anatomy, and no concept of shading or colour theory at all. We all start somewhere, and no artist is ever so good that they cannot improve. People make 'talent' out to be this magical thing that all artists have that is what makes them good, and whenever I see that it makes me really sad because they're ascribing artistic skill to something lofty and unattainable, when in reality anyone can become a Great Artist if they are willing to take up the challenge.

/end rant
Back to top Go down
TopSpinTheFuzzy

TopSpinTheFuzzy

Art Gallery : http://topspinthefuzzy.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/TopSpinTheFuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:06 am

...W...Well then.
-ahem-
Sorry.

ANYWAY. I just did this today for my brother. It's him!
And his dog!
hooray!
Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Tumblr_mmvj4nd9_Y01so6o1ro1_1280
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:52 pm

germagerdd
great shading on this! Very Happy i can't draw animals worth crap!
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:04 am

No need to apologise? It's just that when someone equates skill with talent then there is an implicit belief that they can never become as good as the artists they admire. I also see it used a lot as an excuse-- just look at any popular artist's page on DA, and you'll find there's no shortage of people saying they wish they were as good, but alas! they lack that magical spark that is talent. While they are on the surface making a compliment to the artist, there's a lot of self-deprecation woven into it as well. Or, 'I tried drawing once but I had no talent so I quit' is another I've heard frequently. The problem is not that these people have no talent, but that they stopped trying, or haven't been doing it as long, or don't put as much time in, or let themselves get complacent and fell into an artistic rut....

I'm not trying to pick on you or anything! It's just that the talent thing causes a lot of problems, and it's most frequently applied to the sort of work that many people would label 'not a real job', such as art. (How often do you hear about a talented office worker, or a talented plumber, or a talented police officer?)

....anyway, enough of that. I like how you keep your style consistant across species! C:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Finished Illustrations!   Share Your Finished Illustrations! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Share Your Finished Illustrations!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next