SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Draw the character above you! Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Draw the character above you! Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Draw the character above you! Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Draw the character above you! Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Draw the character above you! Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Draw the character above you! Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Draw the character above you!

Go down 
+8
Mlen
Selini
Duskglass
Moesph
DevilsLady
varethane
aaawhyme
Kynale
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

Draw the character above you! Empty
PostSubject: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 12:43 pm

This is a great way to get some art of your characters.

Someone will start by posting a little description and references of a character they'd like drawn. The next person draws a sketch of that character, and then follows up with their own description/references. The next person draws that character, and so on. Feel free to participate as many times as you like.

This can be an OC, fan art, Gaia avatar, etc; whatever character you want to use is fine.

You don't need to draw a finished piece for this thread; a sketch and/or head shot is fine. However please make sure it actually looks like the character they wanted drawn.

I'm leaving it open for anybody to start. Just post a character description and reference. Remember the first person to post gets free art, pretty much. Wink

((NOTE: Feel free to post multiple options for characters, but the person below you only has to pick one. ))

New rule: After reserving a post, you have 48 hours to post your sketch before it's up for grabs for the next person. This is to keep it fair, and so the thread doesn't die if someone reserves but then disappears.

Last edited by Kynale on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

Art Gallery : DA
3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:42 am

Lol, well I guess I'll take this opportunity to start! haha!

I would love to see someone draw art of my OC, Cutts in either his humanoid form or dragon form.
He could be smiling mistcheivously or even looking scared or upset!

Could draw him pouting on the ground, with his arms crossed, or even stomping his foot in a tantrum of sorts! Or he could be jumping or running away from something! Or even chasing a squirrel or butterfly or animal of any sort, with his arms out to catch it and a wild look in his eye! The choice is yours! haha.

Or art of any of my OCs that you fancy would be fabulous!
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:09 am

... So hay I wanna try this! 8D Lack a scanner at the moment but figured I'd post in case anyone else was planning to ninja their way in.

Edit: It is drawn! Will edit this post again when it's scanned in tomorrow night. C:

Edit again: Threw on some quick colours! :D

Old picture!

Third edit: ....okay, I wanted to put the pic under a spoiler tag cuz I made a new version, but then I realized I had no idea how :C So I just changed it to a link instead XD;;

Last edited by varethane on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Lovely drawing, varethane. Don't forget to add in your own character so the thread can continue. Smile
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 pm

....Oh yeah, that was a part of it too! Umm, so I looked at that picture on another monitor and realized the colours looked awful, so I made another version with a toned-down background! Gonna leave the original up under a spoiler tag in case, uh, someone likes it. XD

The repost:

Draw the character above you! Cutts_coloured1-1

As for me.... Pretty much any of the characters from this gallery would be good (especially the dude with long black dreads and horns, or the little girl with the tail and funny ears). Whatever pose you like! If you need any more information I can try to write some up (there are brief overviews on the site and of course there's the comic, but that would be a lot of reading to ask someone to undertake for a quickie doodle so I can try to summarize personalities or something if you want).

Alternately, this guy (extra refs: 1, 2, 3), or this girl (extra refs: 1, 2, 3-- note, her lip rings aren't shown in the second two, because they're older pics, but she ought to have them XD).
Back to top Go down
DevilsLady

Art Gallery : http://devilslady.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:52 am

I'm going to claim this, however, I'm lacking a scanner, so it's going to be photo'd >.< I'll lay on some ink, just to make sure the lines work through.

Edit: Here it is. Draw the character above you! For_forum_by_devilslady-d5is6wb

Edit #2: Here's the list of people to play with. ^_~

Tana Lee

Or

Trixisha

Please! <3
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

Art Gallery : DA
3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 am

((varethane thank you so much! that seriously looks AMAZING!!!! *___* I'm spazzing around like a mad squirrel! I can't thank you enough! -sniff- ))
Back to top Go down
Moesph

Moesph

Art Gallery : Art Blog | DeviantART

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 am

I call dibs on this one then, it will be up shortly. Smile

Edit: Tadaa, you know she is a lot like my sister, she dresses wonderfully silly and has a lot of piercings/tats, haha.
Draw the character above you! Tanalee

Ok, someone draw me a satyr (because I love them).
Back to top Go down
DevilsLady

Art Gallery : http://devilslady.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:18 pm

[This makes me squee giggle, thanks moesph!]
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 am

EDIT:
Draw the character above you! Satyr10

For my request:
- Zashret (she normally dresses more like this; she's a desert nomad.)
- Luthe (additional refs: 1, 2, 3)
- Shruikan (also at bottom here.)
Back to top Go down
Moesph

Moesph

Art Gallery : Art Blog | DeviantART

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:42 am

(Thank you so much! Very Happy I just love wavy hair.)
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:49 am

Awesomeness. *-*

I claim the next one! (If nobody else has started to, I guess ><) Will edit soon.
EDIT: Super sketchy drawing of Zashret. >< Sorry about the hint of wings there. >>;;
Draw the character above you! Zashretsketchy

For mine, um... I guess you could draw
Nagino - Description is in the link. Any pose is fine. ^^
or
My Halloween Avatar from Gaia ><
Draw the character above you! Tek507f5f60cfd372917166
Any pose you can think of for this is fine too. XD (Oh and the dreads are supposed to be silver/greyish instead of white. Tektek was being stingy...)

Thanks. ^^
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 am

Hee, thanks Seli! C:
(sketchy wings are appropriate, actually! she's sort of like a werebeast, so they're optional.)
Back to top Go down
Mlen

Mlen

Art Gallery : DA page (It's a bit out of date, but I am updating now)
Current examples:
Chibis: o o o
Regular: o o

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 pm

I think I'll give Nagi a try~ :3

I would love someone to draw Dawit here~ For more examples, info, and options you can go here. Very Happy

EDIT: It's not that great compared to the other art here. I'll try again, but here's the first version at least

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 am

(Mlen, that's so cute! I love it, thank you!
@Akimbo: Okay, I'm glad then. XD)
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

Art Gallery : thewishbunny.deviantart.com
thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:31 am

Here's Dawit :D
Spoiler:

I really got caught up in painting him xDD
Now it's really late hurhur.

Anyway, person below me who will be drawing my OCs <3
You can draw either Hunter or Mei Hua.

Hunter should have a stoic/I don't give a care look, his story is still being typed out, right now it's all up in my noggin' ouo
Mei Hua has a lengthy description located here and a gallery located here.

Edit;
HAHAH, I'm always page 2 XD
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 am

Draw the character above you! Hunter_by_phantomteacup-d5kqxfa

For my request:
- Zena (additional ref here; also this, though it isn't her usual costume.)
- Luthe (from my webcomic; additional refs: 1, 2, 3)
- Shruikan (also at bottom here.)
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

Art Gallery : thewishbunny.deviantart.com
thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:35 am

Oh thank you Duskglass! :D
He so handsome-u

I'm really loving the deep glows~ ; U;
Back to top Go down
Mlen

Mlen

Current examples:

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 pm

EDIT: I'm so sorry about disappearing. I really should've been more considerate. Lesson learn and skip me whoever is below me. Still gonna do my drawing though~ Very Happy I did promise after all.

Last edited by Mlen on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey guys, I'm going to add a rule. From now on you have 48 hours (2 days) after you reserve a spot to post your artwork, before it is up for grabs for the next person.

Since you're only required to do a sketch, I think this is pretty fair. I know some people are eager to post and I don't want the thread to die if someone disappears. Smile

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:21 pm

In this case, should that be counted as two days from the beginning of the post? I feel like it'd be fair to give Mlen another few hours at least to submit, since the rule wasn't in place until now....

(But I wanna post just to say that, I wanna draw ;A; )
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Yeah that's tough. And mlen hasn't been online to see the new rule yet, so it would be fair to give her some extra time. I really should have had that rule in there to start with but I completely forgot, my apologies...

Maybe we'll give mlen at least until the end of the day today... so around 12am EST? After that it's open to anyone.

That gives her a few hours at least without everyone else having to wait an additional two days on top of the three since she reserved. And if she doesn't make it on time, she can always jump in another time. Smile

I hope that's okay for everyone.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 am

.....Welp, it's 12.... Guess I'll post this!

Draw the character above you! Tumblr_mdk6ypepYx1qhr58bo1_1280

:U Tried to use the palette of one of the ref images, cuz I liked it (and the lighting, and the bright reds). Yep!

For my ref.... how about Kiran (left), Astrid (right), or Teeko from my webcomic?

(Or alternately really anyone from my request thread), I'd love any of them. :B)
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: new topic title: Thane And Dusk Draw Things For Each Other! (not really)   Draw the character above you! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 am

heee, thank you! <3

-EDIT-

...okay so I don't want to take over this thread but
I was really eager to draw more things!
8D;;;

Draw the character above you! Tiara_by_phantomteacup-d5lo0sf
I drew Tiara! (Decided to go with someone else from Thane's request thread; I wanted to draw a character I haven't drawn before and I've already drawn lots of Chirault-related art in the past xD; )

For my request:
- San (additional art: 1, 2, 3, 4; I draw him a lot but apparently only from the back? sorry if these aren't very helpful xD;; )
- Zena (additional refs here and here; this is probably the best ref for her fishy parts, though it isn't her usual attire.)
- Luthe (from my webcomic; additional refs: 1, 2, 3)
Back to top Go down
Mlen

Mlen

Current examples:

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 pm

(Just in case: I'm very sorry for disappearing. I honestly didn't mean to. As compensation, though, I'll start drawing for Dusk and Vare! Now that I have free time, I should be able to get them done within 48 hours.

Again, I am so SOOO sorry ;___; )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draw the character above you!   Draw the character above you! Empty

Back to top Go down

Draw the character above you!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next