SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs

Go down 
+11
coy51
Mashimizu
sky665
Mlen
thewishbunny
varethane
Duskglass
pompon-chan
aaawhyme
Selini
Kynale
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 MNwWN2E
Meow. I had to sketch some of the adoptable animals for an animal shelter volunteer thing my club is doing. The other two people in the club did six rainbow vomit animals so mine looks a little lonely next to them har har.
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

Art Gallery : DA
3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:25 am

awesome job with the eyes. I want to cuddle zeh kitties ;_; I'd adopt all the cats ever, if I could
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm

WIPWIPWIP Very Happy

Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Tumblr_mkyz0bt4jn1qhr58bo1_500

Been having a bit of a dry spell art-wise lately (though comic pages are proceeding nicely, it's good to have that fallback to keep myself drawing XD) so I am super-glad this rp has started up again!! Yessssss further inspiration to work with yessssssssssss.
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:01 pm

love the angle of this! I have such problems getting good angles! looking forward to seeing it done!!
Back to top Go down
coy51

Art Gallery : http://51coy51.deviantart.com/gallery/

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 pm

I drew this a little while ago. It took me like 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
https://imgur.com/vglcQl5

I drew this one yesterday. My first attempt at drawing nature in action. Im not really sure how long this took me. Razz
https://imgur.com/rF8wo5d
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:37 pm

I love the wine glass, great shading and depth. C:
Back to top Go down
coy51

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:16 pm

thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I agree! I quite like the wineglass, and the liquid looks like fun! I always have trouble with drawing liquids. :O

Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 am

The glass is so pretty. I would love to see you try drawing on black/grey paper sometime I bet it would look phenomenal, and it's something that works really well/comes out striking when drawing glass.
Back to top Go down
coy51

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:43 am

Mashimizu wrote:
The glass is so pretty. I would love to see you try drawing on black/grey paper sometime I bet it would look phenomenal, and it's something that works really well/comes out striking when drawing glass.

Thank you Smile
Where would I be able to buy black/grey paper? If it would come out better, I think it would be worth a try. Razz
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:38 am

an art store? xD; I think most places should have different paper colours stocked, though it's not something I've ever looked for myself.

wip! planning to paint this.
Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Falseking_pencils_by_phantomteacup-d62kzqc
Back to top Go down
coy51

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:52 am

Sorry, I dont really know of any art stores around here. Michael's I suppose. But thats it. Razz
My first steps of drawing a cool scene from the movie Sucker Punch. (WIP)
https://imgur.com/yXNks9S
and nice drawing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:58 am

I'm nowhere near your area, but googling 'LA art stores' turned up quite a few results. Try a couple searches and find one that's close/convenient to you? A big city is bound to have a lot of options, and most stores have websites these days, so you can check if they stock what you need before going there. C:
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:10 am

coy51 wrote:
Sorry, I dont really know of any art stores around here. Michael's I suppose. But thats it. Razz
Coy, I seriously just finished watching that movie for the first time just 5 minutes ago, then I log on to see you are drawing from it. Coincidences! CRAZAAAY!

also, as for art stores. What about Opus? I get all my supplies from Opus.

Duskglass that's awesome! I really love the pose! I've always wanted to draw someone sitting all badassery in a chair, but can never do it! I'm looking forward to seeing that done! Smile
Back to top Go down
coy51

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 pm

aaawhyme wrote:
coy51 wrote:
Coy, I seriously just finished watching that movie for the first time just 5 minutes ago, then I log on to see you are drawing from it. Coincidences! CRAZAAAY!

Duskglass that's awesome! I really love the pose! I've always wanted to draw someone sitting all badassery in a chair, but can never do it! I'm looking forward to seeing that done! Smile

I KNOW RIGHT! That movie was just sooooo amazing! Very Happy What was your favorite part?

And thank you Duskglass, I will ask my dad if I can go get some stuff to try when I find a store. Smile
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 am

poops |D Been having a problem motivating myself lately... so I threw some sloppy colours onto this thing:

Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Tumblr_mlovk6nRXI1qhr58bo1_500
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 am

coy51 wrote:
aaawhyme wrote:
coy51 wrote:

I KNOW RIGHT! That movie was just sooooo amazing! Very Happy What was your favorite part?

And thank you Duskglass, I will ask my dad if I can go get some stuff to try when I find a store. Smile
I liked the beginning where she has to fight the demonic samurai Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy it was epic and dsjfhjksdh and so much pretty snow!

VARETHANE that is really cool! sk djhfksdf you call that sloppy colours? I call that genius, and sit in the jealous corner where the jealous people with bad colouring skills sit after seeing your fab art. ._. -sits-
Back to top Go down
coy51

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:21 pm

aaawhyme wrote:
coy51 wrote:
aaawhyme wrote:
coy51 wrote:

I liked the beginning where she has to fight the demonic samurai Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy it was epic and dsjfhjksdh and so much pretty snow!

VARETHANE that is really cool! sk djhfksdf you call that sloppy colours? I call that genius, and sit in the jealous corner where the jealous people with bad colouring skills sit after seeing your fab art. ._. -sits-

That was sick! My favorite part was the war against the clockwork soldiers. BEAST!!!
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:44 am

Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 29383_10151640399595452_2002552133_n hey guys, I made a matte painting and would love any critiques on it, or any sort of feedback to make it better .A. there is something missing or wrong about the picture, but I don't know what that is. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:07 pm

It's... weirdly indistinct? and at the same time too sharp in places... I dunno, I definitely see what you mean but it's hard to describe exactly what's wrong. (and I'm not very familiar with matte painting; isn't that an animation thing? I think Thane mentioned it to me at one point...)

The biggest problem I see is the rendering of the jellyfish; I had to stare at it a long time to figure out what they were. The bodies in particular blend right into the background.

If this were my picture I'd probably try some layer blendmodes to give the image more depth and really bring out the jellyfish, then do a paintover to help it read more like a cohesive image (right now it looks a bit like it was spliced together which might be what's bothering me). But I don't know what your intentions with this piece are, so maybe I'm wrong. c:
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 pm

I'd say you ought to think more about clarifying your major elements, and thinking about colour separation-- right now the same muddy orange colour is pervasive across the whole composition, and the foreground is not notably clearer than the background; it makes the whole composition look jumbled and confused, even though the actual placement of the elements isn't bad.

Think about what the major elements of the composition are, and keeping them clear and distinct from one another using whatever attributes you can: colour, value, rendering level/texture. I found a post that breaks down some elements of landscape painting and goes through the concepts of key and contrast; you might find it helpful here. (:

Also, think about establishing a visual heirarchy-- that may help you to prevent things from getting muddied together. If you need to have two elements of similar colour and value overlap one another, you might need to employ a bit of fakery, artificially lightening/darkening or blurring out the element that's further back (or artificially darkening/lightening the element in front, or both -- the important thing is making it clear to a viewer that it IS further back. When you look at something like this or this, it's obvious at a glance what part of the composition is in the foreground and what part is in the background; granted, his landscapes are a lot starker and less textured than the one you've got here, but the techniques he uses to keep things clear and distinct (in very few brushstrokes, too) can be applied anywhere.

Also, I'd recommend looking at anything by leventep-- he's got a great understanding of lighting and composition, and even when working extremely loosely and without much detail at all on this exercise manages to still give an impression of photographic accuracy to light and texture.
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:54 am

Thank you SO much for the feedback, guys! I really appriciate it!

I totally know what you mean by it being sort of melted together via orange color and such. I find it really difficult to introduce colors that my brain tells me shouldn't be there. haha. Thanks so much Verethane for all the references and great info! I'll do my best on improving, thank you, guys! <3
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:55 am

Woowooo!! Glad if I could help. C:

Did some miscellaneous gifty art for Dusk Very Happy

Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Carry_by_varethane-d63ae9p
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:14 am

that is super cute!!!!
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Very cute. ;3; Poor fella, I hope he's okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs   Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scribbles, sketches, and WIPs
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: Art Central-
Jump to: