SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS

Go down 
+5
Kynale
Mashimizu
varethane
Duskglass
sky665
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:29 am

Hehe, talking about my favorite book series got me thinking about the other things I love... so lets have a board in which we can all come and talk about our favorite... EVERYTHINGS! heheh!

Starting with the basic:

Favorite movies?

Once I lined up my favorite movies some years back and realized they all had in common of being stories of being about oddball friendships thats when I realized wow yes - oddball friendships are the best thing to make stories about hehehe!

Right now they are:
How to Train Your Dragon
Spirited Away
The Fox and the Hound
Sword of the Stranger
You are Umasou

Yesyes, good movies good movies. If you too love platonic relationship adorable things like me then I suggest checking out any one of these if you haven't seen 'em yet aahh X'D Such precious dear to my heart movies.

((Although I think Spirited Away appeals more to me just being super artistic than the relationship, but I do like the cute relationship in that movie as well hehe))

And viideogames ahhh! The playable movies.

My favorites are

Okami
Sly Cooper Series
Spyro
Zelda
Ico
Okage

And I'll there otherwise it'll just be a never ending list of looved games haha! XD

But yes, everyone please do share your favorite things here! Doesn't have to be movies/videogames can be all and everryything!
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:53 am

my current, um, obsession is Unsounded.... there is already a webcomic thread on here but I CAN'T HELP MENTIONING IT AT EVERY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

....um anyway, moving on......

For liveaction films, the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit! they are just so beautifully made, and the aesthetics and filming techniques and... you can really feel the love that the creators put in.
(I like waaaayyy too many animated films to pick favourites, ahahaa....)

And, favourite games....
I really love ICO, and Shadow of the Colossus, though I am stuck in the latter. <_<
I've also really enjoyed what I've played of Assassin's creed, which is... really not much xD;; (a little bit of Brotherhood and the opening tutorials of the first one-- I don't own any of the systems it's on, unfortunately...)

The other game that I keep coming back to over and over is Tales of the Abyss-- it's... sort of a guilty-pleasure game, I guess? xD;; The graphics are a bit dated and it can be campy and animu at times, but the story is really interesting and the battle system is SUPER FUN-- you can have up to four players, no split-screen, and it's all real-time! (And it has... really excellent replay value, with all these cool bonuses you can get on additional playthroughs!)
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:56 am

Oh hey I like talking about the things that I love! (omg unsounded omg omg)

Movies:

Princess Mononoke
ParaNorman
The Hobbit
Paprika
[I feel like I am forgetting something that I am going to kick myself for forgetting tomorrow, so I will leave this space blank for the moment]

Vidjamagames:

The Jak & Daxter Trilogy (especially games 2 and 3 oh man oh man the twists and turns the story takes hnnnnggghhhh--!)
The Soul Reaver trilogy (part of the Legacy of Kain series-- Raziel is the bestest blue lower-jaw-less zombie skeleton dude with an energy blade merged with his arm, also OMG time travel and shakespearean vampires)
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy 12 (for the beautiful wooorrrrrld I could just ignore the story and run around the world all the time.)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
Okami

Honourable mention to Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, neither of which I've finished yet but which are looking super cool and may end up being among my favourites once I see more of them. XD

(I play very few games so the ones I like I tend to remember strongly <_< >_> )
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:19 am

Omg yes unsounded - maybe we should just give unsounded its own post board just to gush about all our love for unsounded XD ((LIKE HOW ABOUT THAT ADORABLE FAMILY HE SEEMS TO HAVE HAD HUH? Stressing on the 'HAD' here... ahahahah ... haaaahahaa....siggghh poor precious lil Duane))

Heeehee I think maybe you are forgetting Tron!? XD Unless you just love it in a different form and didn't care for the movies~

But yes I agree with all of those favorite movie choices. All good ones. ((Although I haven't seen the Hobbit, but I'm having faith it was a good movie))

Haven't played The Soul Reaver trilogy or Chrono Cross but I have heard good things about those games before as well! (I actually even have some Chrono Cross music on my playlist because it is nice hee)

But oohh! OOHH! Prince of Persia! I almost forgot about that one! ;~; Such a good one ahhhh, I want to... replay it now.. but... must find it and see if I even have it still since it was technically my brothers I borrowed without permission and didn't give back OOPS (Might have to buy another one >>)

And yes Assassins Creed! Haven't gotten the new one yet, but I remember playing I think the first two? (Or three?) and I forget which but ONE ends with a super intense cliffhanger --
Spoiler:
And I was stressing about it so much but had to WAIT. And then finally getting the next game and it's like... something that happened in DESMOND'S life but you spend the whole time in his ancestor assassin's life and just kinda hear things about it and you're like what - no, c'mon! Give me more then that XD

Poor Desmond. I know most people it seems don't care too much for his life/story arc it seems, but I really like him and got sad how less and less time we get to hang out with him. ((Maybe he comes back more in the newest one though, dunno yet!))
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:22 am

Movies I can't pick a favorite off the top of my head....so many good ones.

But games I can.

I LOVE the elderscrolls games...all of them. Morrowind was my favorite but I've been playing Skyrim recently. It was hard to get into them at first but then suddenly it just clicked with me.

I also am a fan of several of the bioware series, I like the Dragon Age series and the Mass Effect series. The characters in these games are just...really great. The dialogue between them when you're walking around makes the game.

"Tales of" Games...I played Tales of Vesperia, I liked it a lot, actually. Mostly because I liked the main character.

Spyro, Zelda, and some of the Final Fantasy games are so nostalgic. I haven't played them in a long time but I used to enjoy them a lot. XD

I went through a stage where I would just play halo and mech assault as well.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 am

sky665 wrote:
Omg yes unsounded - maybe we should just give unsounded its own post board just to gush about all our love for unsounded XD ((LIKE HOW ABOUT THAT ADORABLE FAMILY HE SEEMS TO HAVE HAD HUH? Stressing on the 'HAD' here... ahahahah ... haaaahahaa....siggghh poor precious lil Duane))

(Agghhghg gosh Duane ;A; Duaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane you are everything I love in a character and more, the more I find out about him the more I love him and the less hope I have that the story is gonna end remotely well for him ;;;;;A;;;;; aaahhh on edge of seat throug this whole chapter fkjvhsdfk)

I did really really love Tron: Legacy! Possibly enough to pin it up there in my top 5, though I still feel like there is something else I am quite egregiously forgetting....

...Bluh, this is gonna bug me. I'll probably remember next week or something. :T
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:55 am

it has been done-- unsounded thread!
Back to top Go down
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 am

A lot of you guys have favourites I agree with, hehe.

For movies, I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's weird because I wasn't really in love with the LOTR books, and normally it's the opposite where the books are always better than the movie. XD But these movies are just stunning and I get completely lost in them and the world. And the music is gorgeous and inspiring.

I also LOVE Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli movies! I think my favourite will always be Castle in the Sky. It just has a special nostalgia for me, and again, the music is so pretty.

As for video games, I don't have time to play a ton of them. But anybody who knows me well probably knows I am still hugely into the main series Pokémon games. I'm so excited for X and Y this fall. And in general I really like handheld games, moreso than console. Probably because I have more opportunity to play them (I was never one of those lucky kids to have a TV in my own room), and in general I just don't like sitting in front of a TV for long stretches. I was really happy when they released Ocarina of Time on 3DS so I could finally finish it.

Though the main exception for console games is the Final Fantasy series. I love 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12. XD (I'm happy somebody else mentioned 12 because I know it's not as popular with some of the fans. But I really enjoyed it.) I'm afraid 13 was a big disappointment for me.

Oh, another handheld RPG I really love is the Golden Sun series. Aside from that, I can't think of much else off the top of my head.

Hmm, you guys are really making me think I should check out Unsounded.

Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:41 pm

I can see why people wouldn't like 12, if they got used to the very tight and well-written storylines of the earlier FF games (currently I am working my way through 9 with a friend, and I have to say the quality of the writing and plot is AMAZING). It was written by committee, so it's basically like a whole bunch of different people's really good ideas all smushed together so that they dilute one another-- Vaan is the weakest not-even-a-real-protagonist I have seen in media in a loooong time, and the story jumps between ideas without bothering to pursue some of the most interesting ones.

That said though, the world of Ivalice is heartstoppingly beautiful and I could spend all day in it without getting bored. The Feywood and Giruvegan especially, I love revisiting those locations even if the tension and mystery of the first visit is no longer there. And, of course, Balthier and Fran are awesome.

Kynale wrote:
Hmm, you guys are really making me think I should check out Unsounded.

Yes. Yes you should.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Yeah, the storyline was my main disappointment with 12. That, and the lack of Nobuo Uematsu for the music. Wasn't there also some issue with one of the directors being ill, so they ended up having to change/cut a lot of the story? I seem to recall something like that, and it's a shame it didn't get to live up to its full potential.

Meh, I still loved it though. Like you said the world was beautiful. And I really liked the characters. Balthier was amazing. Didn't even mind Vaan really. I found it kind of interesting how he wasn't really the true main character of the story, and you were just kinda seeing it through his eyes, almost watching from the sidelines. But I agree he could have had a more involved role.

And fine, I suppose I'll check out Unsounded. XD

Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:03 pm

But it would have been nice if he'd been just a little more integrated with the story-- I kept expecting him to have ANY kind of significance to the events going on, but the further the story went along the less he seemed to matter XD;; They could have cut him entirely and they wouldn't need to change much of anything outside of the first few cut-scenes. The game should have been about Balthier and Fran, dammit! (It pretty much was but hey, I wouldn't complain about them getting more screentime... Cool )

Seriously, I removed him from my playing party as soon as I was able to, and went through most of the game with only Balthier and Fran fighting their way through hordes of monsters XD (occasionally with some Basch or Ashe thrown in there for flavour).

And yeah, I heard a similar thing about the game's production.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Yessss Unsounded YEEESSSSSS

I'm midway through 7 myself and while I love the storyline, the outdated graphics make it hard to take seriously. (I really hope they do a remake at some point with updated graphics and battle system; it would be GREAT.)

Other than that, I've only played 12, though I watched an entire playthrough of 10. I would like to play some of the others someday, 8 and 9 in particular, but the battle systems always put me off xD;;;
(and yeah, I've heard the same things about 13...)
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Haha I agree about 7. I actually felt like I preferred the 2D graphics in 6, because I could at least see what I was doing. 7 gave me so much difficulty because it was so hard to tell what was even happening sometimes or where I was going. XD And some of it was just wonky-looking. A remake would be amazing and I still don't get why they haven't done that yet. They have to realize how much money they would make off of something like that...

And yes I agree that Vaan should have been more integrated into the story of 12. But at least the game let you switch and use whoever you wanted as a lead character. That was a nice change from some of the older games.
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Studio Ghibli=love. I went to a local museum exhibit with a bunch of the layout designs from the movies and it was amazing. I ended up buying a book with copies of all of them. Getting to see the hand drawn stuff in person just...made me squee and become an even bigger fan. I was going to go to the Ghibli museum before I left Japan but I waited too long to get my ticket and they were sold out when I went to buy it. I went to Tokyo Disneyland again instead, but still much sadness.

Final fantasy...I liked nine and then seven the best. Probably because nine was the first one I played. Very Happy

Outdated graphics feeling weird I understand Dusk, I feel that way a bit when I replay Morrowind after playing the next two games in the series.

I'm a little sad nobody else plays the games I like but the elderscrolls games are the kind of games that you either love or hate. XD They are super open...you can follow the plot or run around mixing potions if you want to and the whole world is open to you to explore unless it's tied into a quest somehow (like you have to go through a portal or need the key to a door first or something...dungeons are mostly open). There are tons of different races you can be including elves and lizard people and kitty people and it feels almost like an MMO you play by yourself, except you're the hero of the world or an assassin or whatever you want to be. The newest one, Skyrim, has dragons for bonus love.

Dragon Age is a fantasy rpg and mass effect is a science fiction/third person shooter game that I do recommend trying as well. The first dragon age let you pick from six different introductions which I just think is amazing...human/elf mage, human noble, elf from the slums (they used to be slaves), elf living in the wildernes, dwarven noble, dwarven castless. All of whom have detailed backgrounds and even future storylines will be altered in minor ways depending on them...there are some endings you can only get from certain beginnings too. Very Happy

Ok I will stop being an overexcited fan.

Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Mashimizu, don't feel sad! Actually those games you listed are the favourites of my boyfriend. I thought that was kind of funny how you seem to share the exact same tastes as him. XD

He loves elderscrolls and is currently addicted to Skyrim. And actually, do you remember Uniceon from the old guild? It was her who recommended them to him. She's a big fan as well I believe. I am impressed by how beautiful and vast the world is.

And Dragon Age... he loves those too. XD I never played them but I watch him all the time. They aren't really for me, but they are interesting, especially to see how the choices you make affect the plot.
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Videeo gammess! Favorite games in order are!

Shadow Of The Colossus
.Hack//G.U.
Assassin's Creed
Ookami
Uncharted

oommgg, skyyy, I LOVEEE ICCOOO SOO MUCHHHH. awahdgsfjsd. with that being said, Shadow of the Colossus is my all time favorite game. I've bought that game more than 10 times, because I love it so much and wanted to support them. And I bought a ps3 simply for the fact that they came out with an hd version of the games. xDD <-- obsessive with that game. -eyeball twitch-

Okay, lets go on to movies...

My favorite movies are in order-

Ink
Mr. Nobody
The Dark Knight
Pirates of The Caribbean
Saw 1

Ink and Mr. Nobody are movies that you should watch before you die. Because if you don't see them in your life time, you haven't truly lived. Now what are you doing? Watch them!! They are beyond beautiful and the shear overwhelming emotion those movies give me.. I can't explain it, YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!

Also, when I mention SAW 1 being one of my favorite movies people don't seem to understand that the first SAW movie is totally unlike all the others, there is little to no gore (nothing that you don't already see in other, much more 14+ rated movies), and it's all about the story which is mind blowingly amazing. If any of you have never seen Saw 1, you should certainly give it a try. Very Happy ((but first watch Ink and Mr. Nobody))

Now how about TV shows?

My favorite TV shows of all tiem, going from the top down

Dexter - the one with the serial killer. BECAUSE THIS IS THE DKJSHFJK OF SHOWS, AH.
Inuyasha (this mainly holds such a high spot in my favorites because it's nostalgic)
Doctor Who (who doesn't like doctor who?)
American Horror Story
Supernatural
Prison Break
Heroes
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:13 pm

I like the elder scroll games as well, but get kind of tired of wandering around all the time XD And the quests are just alright most of the time~ It's a fun game just to mess around with now and then when you want something to play without any real commitment to it!

The games of theirs that I reaaally love even more though is the Fallout series heheh! They seem to be more story focused, and I think thats what I love most about them. ((Especially Fallout 3, ahh, you start off as a BABY being born omg XD And you just go through your whole life.. and then need to find your dad so badly aahh!! For sure... keeps me wanting to play nonstop until my dad is found! >B'I ))

And oh my goodness whyme - TEN TIMES!? XD What did you do with all those games!? ((Although I can understand with some games, I bought more than one simply to give to my friends.. so that they would play it.. and HOPEFULLY fall in love with X'D .. I'm still thinking of whether or not to buy Okami a third time, since one of my friends is currently borrowing miinneee.. >>! ))

And oooh Ink.. looked cool at first but then I realized I think, is it a horror film? XD Because I cannot handle those I am the babiest of babies. But ooh Mr Nobody looks really interesting! Adding it to my must watch someday list!

And sadly noo, cannot for sure watch Saw... XD Nope nope nope. I did like Pirates and the Dark night though!
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

sky665 wrote:
I like the elder scroll games as well, but get kind of tired of wandering around all the time XD And the quests are just alright most of the time~ It's a fun game just to mess around with now and then when you want something to play without any real commitment to it!

The games of theirs that I reaaally love even more though is the Fallout series heheh! They seem to be more story focused, and I think thats what I love most about them. ((Especially Fallout 3, ahh, you start off as a BABY being born omg XD And you just go through your whole life.. and then need to find your dad so badly aahh!! For sure... keeps me wanting to play nonstop until my dad is found! >B'I ))

And oh my goodness whyme - TEN TIMES!? XD What did you do with all those games!? ((Although I can understand with some games, I bought more than one simply to give to my friends.. so that they would play it.. and HOPEFULLY fall in love with X'D .. I'm still thinking of whether or not to buy Okami a third time, since one of my friends is currently borrowing miinneee.. >>! ))

And oooh Ink.. looked cool at first but then I realized I think, is it a horror film? XD Because I cannot handle those I am the babiest of babies. But ooh Mr Nobody looks really interesting! Adding it to my must watch someday list!

And sadly noo, cannot for sure watch Saw... XD Nope nope nope. I did like Pirates and the Dark night though!
Lol, yeah I bought the game for other people, because I was like TAKE THIS AWESOME. COVET THIS AWESOME. BECOME ONE WITH THIS AWESOME.

waaatttt

noooo
Ink is NOT a horror movie. AT ALL! It's a beautiful movie, on the same level as Mr. Nobody. I say, watch Mr. Nobody first, or Ink first, it doesn't matter. Because those two movies are just made of this special kind of win, that only those movies can have. hjskf I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT. They made me cry.

Movies rarely makes me cry (not even that it's sad, it's just beautiful) (unless we count bridge to terabithia ((that movie always leaves me a blubbering mess))

And just for the record, SAW 1 isn't a horror movie either. The rest of the series is over the top gory. All you need to do is see the first saw, you don't need to watch the rest. Saw 1 is mind blowing enough. The rest get out of hand. But SAW 1 is completely different. ksdhfkds but I understand some people not wanting to watch it, but trust me when I say, it isn't scary. It's a thriller type movie, not a horror one.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Omg, thank you for mentioning Mr. Nobody! I watched this movie a couple years ago and could not for the life of me remember what it was called so that I could find it again. It is an interesting concept, exploring how simple choices we make can lead to completely different lives. I often ponder stuff like that. And I recall the movie being very touching as well. But if you prefer straight-forward, linear stories than this one might not be for you. ^^;

Hm, I'll have to look up Ink as well. Smile I hadn't heard of that one until now.

EDIT: Is the first Saw really not gory? It has been forever since I've seen it but didn't a guy have to cut his own leg off, among other things? XD Or am I mixing that up with a future one? I don't think I've seen too many of them though...
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Ohhhhh tv shows!
I don't... actually watch tv, unless it's cartoons, hahaha.

my all-time favourite is probably Avatar: the Last Airbender!
and I've also really enjoyed Wakfu, and season 1 of Young Justice, and Adventure Time, and Sym-Bionic Titan, and a few animes. (Cowboy Bebop is probably my favourite... I never got super into anime, and I could probably count the shows I watched start-to-finish on one hand.)

What are Mr Nobody and Ink about? Perhaps I will check them out!
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Heh... yeah, I can't really play any games pre-PS2 era or so XD;;; The very first game I ever played was Ico (yes, I got into it late), so since then I just... can't get into anything with much simpler graphics. :X I got through about the first 2-thirds of disk 1 of Final Fantasy 7 and I just..... they're like lego people! I didn't sign up to play no Lego game D: Unfortunately Square is probably still raking in so much cash from the nostalgic fans of 7 that they see no pressing need to remake it; maybe in another 5-10 years or so, when they start finding it harder to sell spinoffs...

I actually agree with you on Saw 1, aaawhyme-- I watched it years ago, before the rest of the series came out, and it was really much more of a suspense/mystery/thriller kind of movie with a pretty strong puzzle-solving element. It was really dark, obviously, and some grim stuff happened in it, but it was grim-for-plot's sake rather than thrown in there just to be gory. If you have a weak stomach then perhaps it isn't for you, but if you don't mind a bit (or a lot) of blood thrown in with your unbelievably tense psychological thriller, then it's a great watch.

TV showsssssss hmm! Dang, Dusk covered a lot of my favourites, but here goes anyway:

Wakfu
Adventure Time
Sym-Bionic Titan
Gurren-Lagann
DCAU in general (specifically, Batman: The Animated Series, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League Unlimited, and Young Justice-- I haven't seen some of the newer ones yet)
Game of Thrones (hnnnnngngghghggggg so beautifully shot oh man-- also lol only non-cartoon on my list lol)
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:26 pm

There are some older games that I think aged pretty decently as far as graphics go and I can still play without a problem. Ocarina of Time is one that pops to mind. Sadly FF7 isn't one of them. ^^; The next two weren't so bad though. At least the characters were somewhat proportionate.

As for TV, I don't really watch any shows. Haven't in years, not even sure how to work my TV at this point. I am actually tempted to look into Game of Thrones sometime though. I recently read the books and I'm curious how the television version holds up. I saw the opening theme on youtube and it's really beautiful. @_@

Oh and Mr. Nobody is kind of hard to describe. iirc it's basically this old man is recounting his life story, but he goes into all these different branches and paths that his life could have taken. So you see all these alternate realities that could have been his life, depending on certain choices he made. Like when his parents divorced, whether he chose to go with mom or dad, leads to two entirely different lives. And then eventually more branches. And it switches between them but there are certain ways they are connected too. Which is why I say if you prefer linear stories you might not like it. But it really makes you think. There's also a mystery element as you try to figure out which one is the "real" life that actually happened. Maybe aaawhyme can explain it better. XD But I also found the ending really interesting. It had us discussing different theories regarding time and space for hours afterwards.

Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Movies, hmm... I like so many. XD I agree with what a lot of you guys said already. LOTR is definitely on my list of top movies. It is a cinematic masterpiece. *-* And Spirited Away is one of my favorites too. I guess my other favorite movies would include The Little Mermaid, Monster's Inc., Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park, and Ace Ventura. And probably some others I can't think of right now...

As for video games, I like:

Grandia. I just love the stories and the characters so much. x3 Grandia 2 is probably my most favorite out of them.

FF9 was also my first FF game and the first one I ever beat, so I am very partial to it. I love the FF series though and I have so many more that I need to play. I've been wanting to play 12 and 13 for the longest while, but I'm making myself beat 8 and 10 first. >< And I agree about 7. I tried to play it but... it was tough adjusting to the graphics. (Which is weird because I can play FF6 just fine. XD)

Left 4 Dead I always enjoy playing. (Except when the computer-controlled players make me angry, lol)

Infamous I really like, though I admit, my absolute favorite part of the game is getting to see the cutscenes, they are done in motion comic form and are just so awesome to me that I rewatch them constantly. Though the gameplay and story are really cool too. I'm still working on beating the second one.

Pokemon is a classic favorite as well. =) I too am eagerly awaiting the release of X and Y.

Professor Layton. I just love these games. The puzzles are fun, and there's always an overall mystery that Layton inspects, and it's fun to try and solve it alongside with him, even though it usually involves some bizarre twist. Plus, animated cutscenes! x) Level-5 is just... so brilliant.

I'm also a big-time fan of the Sims games for the PC. XD

Umm, other favorite things of mine include certain anime and manga (I'm kind of a shoujo addict, but I do like other genres too. I dunno if I should say them though because it's a gigantic list. XD). And hooray, I see you guys mentioning A:TLA, I love that series! I also can't wait to see the next season of Legend of Korra. Very Happy A lot of other TV shows I watch have been mentioned already too.

My current obsession is with The Walking Dead series, hehe. The video game and the TV show mostly, though I'm dying to get my hands on the comics.

I'm gonna have to take a look at some of these other games and shows you guys are mentioning. I'm so curious about Game of Thrones and Mr. Nobody.

Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Man Selini I was going to comment about how I too really liked a lot of the things in your favorites list but then it was basically ALL OF THEM!! XD!!

I think just Grandia and the FF games I'm not familiar with. BUT YES to everything else you listed ahh!!

And gosh yeah Infamous cutscenes! It's because they were the ones who created sly cooper - who ALSO had really great animated/comic-style-ish cutscenes and awwwmanIloveSlyCooperGamesSoMuchWasItOnMyList?Iforget-ItshouldbeOnMyListthoughIfitIsnt

But then they grew out of cartoon anthro mode and grew up into big bad mode for Infamous I guess! XD I'm glad another company that was a huge Sly Cooper fan are continuing the Cooper series though~! ((So far they've done it justice!))

Oh man walking dead.. I've fallen way too far behind on the tv show to catch up now ({And it's kind of losing my interests with constant soap-opera-ish-type-situations)) but the Tell Tale videogame of it was amazing and so heartbreaking 8'I
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:56 pm

sky665 wrote:

But then they grew out of cartoon anthro mode and grew up into big bad mode for Infamous I guess! XD I'm glad another company that was a huge Sly Cooper fan are continuing the Cooper series though~! ((So far they've done it justice!)

That seems to have been the case with a lot of those old companies, alas-- Naughty Dog moved on from the Jak & Daxter franchise to make Uncharted, Insomniac's doing the Resistance games (though I guess Ratchet & Clank is too much-beloved for them to totally move on XD), and so on.

But what if I just want to play a doofy platformer with bright colours and explosions and bouncy animation 8C WHAT THEN???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: