SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
off-season events? - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
off-season events? - Page 2 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
off-season events? - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
off-season events? - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
off-season events? - Page 2 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
off-season events? - Page 2 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

off-season events?

Go down 
+4
varethane
sky665
aaawhyme
Duskglass
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

off-season events? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 pm

I suppose I'll get started on a Birthday/gift thread, considering I had meant to do one eventually.

I'd probably be happy with any sort of story/writing-related topic so I don't have much to suggest there. XD Reminds me though, it could be fun to have a questionnaire for stories/OCs, similar to the art ones we had. I think Selini and I talked about doing something like that before.
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

I'll go ahead and take the Questionnaire thing. ^^ Just gotta dig up the questions and organize them a bit.

And lol, Ky, you read my mind. XD I was just about to say how we should have a written counterpart to the OC art memes. I like seeing those too.

Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 4:00 am

A questionnaire for original characters and stories could make a great first storytelling topic! (I'm kinda at a loss for what to start with myself... short of posting that storytelling art meme, but art memes take a lot longer to fill out than a text-based questionnaire so it might get a lot fewer responses xD;;; )
(here it is again, just in case you wanted to link it on the questionnaire or take inspiration from some of the questions...)

Or some sort of worldbuilding topic/game like Sky said but I'm not really sure what that would be...
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Oh yeah, I meant I was gonna do the artist questionnaire thing, sorry. >< But I could take on some others too, I guess. ^^

I wonder for the art memes topic, would it just be a collection of art memes that people can post/submit to and share the ones they've done? (And also tag people, hehe) That's what I was thinking at least. (And yeah, it might get less traffic since those can take a while to do, but they're fun to see anyways XD)

I'm not sure how to tackle the text memes or world-building topics though. ><
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm

It feels weird to post a really specific topic like the world building ones out of context in the general chat forum... maybe we could start with something art-related, like character design...?

Or there's always something like pet peeves in storytelling but I don't know that we want to start off with something so negative... unless it was favourite and least favourite story elements?
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Both of those sound good to me, hmm. @.@
(Now I'm thinking it might be easier if we did have that Storytelling/Writing forum. Then we could just go crazy in there. XD)
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Yeah I'm starting to think the same, Selini.

All those ideas sound good to me though! Favourite/least favourite story-telling elements could be an interesting topic.

I like the idea for an art meme thread too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 pm

After I posted themes in the other thread I find people saying they want something more focused in this one. Bad me needs to read more before posting.

One of my friends did an RP thread with optional drawings. I think she and I were the only ones who actually did the drawing part but it was actually pretty fun while it lasted...which wasn't long haha. Which was too bad since it was an interesting story. It was like you got surprise art just for interacting and it was lovely. Maybe not feasible here though since it requires a bit of dedication. <3
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm sure it's okay, Mashi. ^^ I'm trying to keep up with all the threads, too. @.@ That idea sounds really cool. For the RPers out there. ^^

Hmm... should I bring it back then, Ky? XD
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

Art Gallery : thewishbunny.deviantart.com
thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Then I would suggest a subforum in the writing forum for roleplaying? o:
There are quite a few active members around and we might attract some more roleplaying artist to liven up the forum.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 pm

How many RPers do we have, though? A whole subforum exclusively for RP may be a bit excessive. (I'd only recommend a separate subforum if there were so many RP threads that they were pushing out all the other topics.)

An RP subforum would only attract other RPers to join the site if it was super active... though I assume most people interested in forum-based RP already have a favourite forum.

Perhaps someone who is interested could start an RP thread, and see how many other people jump in? See how many people are interested before jumping right to a full subforum.
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 am

I've only ever RP'ed the once so I don't know if I qualify as an RPer. I may be the only one interested anyway hehe. XD

But... if you guys are not adverse to the idea I may start one on my own and people can join as they want. I don't mind trying the RP thread by myself, it'll be good practice. I'll just feel like I'm soloing in an MMO.

Although if someone else has an awesome idea I'll go for that instead. I just like things with story and art together. I really like the storytelling thread idea too.

If anyone else is interested at all from the start we could try to find a background story we can both be happy with. Otherwise I'll just think about it on my own. Smile

I agree that we should just make sub-forums as we need them. Since this forum is so small it's really more beneficial to have as few of them as possible.
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:53 am

Ah, that makes sense.
I just thought it'd be weird to have RP threads with writing threads in the same category. But if we don't have many, it doesn't matter much that they're in the same area.

Mmm, I'd be happy to hop into one or two RPs as well Mashi ouob
If you need any help getting started, I'd be glad to help.

ALSO, since I haven't seen the thread go up yet, I was wondering if anyone had opted in to running the collab thread?
I'd totally be happy to run it if not.

My idea is to make a list of names who are open to doing collabs. Then the others can feel free to flesh out the details of who is drawing and who is coloring in the thread or through PMs. The first post will have the list and another list of lineart that others put up for grabs. The second post would be links to finished collabs.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:38 am

That'd be great if you wanted to handle the collab topic, wish!
(but just out of curiosity... is there any particular reason to do it in two posts?)

(and yeah I find it kind of silly for smaller forums or ones with lower activity to have too many subforums. xD;;; it just makes it look unnecessarily cluttered, though I do think we could use a general writing/storytelling one. I see a lot of potential interest there-- nearly everyone had their own characters in their SS request, and several people have mentioned their stories in other threads. And at least 3 of us have ongoing comics...)

...as for RP... whether I decide to participate or not would really depend on what it ends up being like. xD;; (I enjoy RP but I've never done forum-based before, or with more than two people. I have no idea how a forum-based RP is formatted or run...) Either way, I'll keep an eye on it! :>
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 am

Not really, haha~
It'd be the same in one post, I just thought it'd end up really long. Then again, if it does become longer, there's always a spoiler tag. Cool, cool~
I'll set it up soon then.

Oh don't worry, it makes total sense. :D
Besides, RP potentially falls under storytelling as well so it still works.

It has been a looooonggg time since I've done a group RP. I would even venture to say that I'm a bit rusty with RP in general, it's been about a year for me. So I'm kinda nervous haha!
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking at this point we have enough ideas that a separate subforum for writing/stories/OCs would be fine. The RP idea sounds interesting! Though I'm not usually into RPing myself I'd like to see how it goes. =)

Thanks for making the collab thread, thewishbunny! Looks good to me. Smile Hopefully I will be able to join in later as well. I have a bit much on my to-do list I need to get out of the way first though...
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Okay, on the topic of off-season events, I just remembered a thought I had that I have wanted to share.

I am curious to know, would anybody be interested in a sort of off-season Secret Santa event? It would work the same as our usual one but take place around June or July or something. I know it's been brought up before in the old guild and I've pondered over whether that would actually work or not.

Would there be any interest or would it just be better to just stick to unrelated art events on the off-season? I'm still unsure.

On one hand I know a lot of people have more free time during the summer and it could boost the activity in the forums a bit. On the other, a Secret Santa during summer feels kind of... wrong? XD Could we even call it that? And people might not be in the mood for an SS in the summer time like they are during the holiday season. Plus we might be able to keep it active with all the other stuff going on anyway.

But at the same time, if there was a lot of interest, I would consider trying it. I'd just like to hear some opinions first...
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 am

I'd totally be interested in it xD
I was in one once, we called it "Christmas in July" :U
Not so sure about the title but hay, it worked.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:00 am

Could be fun! I'd be up for it. C:
(summer might actually be better for a lot of people time-wise... seems like many people are busy with family obligations around the winter holidays.)

it could beee..... secret summers??? idk xD (I also feel a little weird tying it to the winter holidays as an off-season event, but I think it's a good idea if enough people are into it.)
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 am

How about...Summer Fling? O_O (Though it might sound weird in retrospect)
It can be like a romantic admirer type thing.

Kinda like how some people do Secret Valentine's Exchanges (Secret Admirer).
I would have suggested a Valentine's exchange but it seems too close to the main event.

I know I'm always free for the summer. LOL
No trips to speak of.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 am

Summer Fling sounds a bit.... sexual <_<
.....Midsummer Swap???

And yeah it's a bit late to start planning for a Valentine's exchange-- if we tried to do that the two events would end up butting into each other. xD;; (to give enough time for the application period/draw time/grace period to cover for naughties we would need to start right at the end of the main event, which would get really crazy and hard to organise... and right after the main event I don't imagine there would be many people interested...)
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:08 am

Hahaha, it does sound a bit sexual O_O

Midsummer Swap ain't so bad~
We should just throw things out and keep them in a list just in case.
Secret of Summer? XD
TOP SECRET SUMMER. LOL.

Yeah, I know some of us were like "OH SHOOT DEADLINE" when it came down to it.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Smile I like Midsummer Swap! Or maybe it could even be just "Summer Swap"? Then it keeps the SS abbreviation. Or could be "Secret Summer Swap"... if I were to hear that I would probably assume it's something like a Secret Santa.

Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:09 pm

I like Secret Summer Swap. C:
Now we just have to make sure there's enough interest! (If it's just me and Wish it won't be very 'secret'. xD;;; )
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 pm

I'm all for it. =) I like both Summer Swap and Secret Summer Swap. Either sound good to me. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: off-season events?   off-season events? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

off-season events?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: