SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Webcomics - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Webcomics - Page 2 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Webcomics - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Webcomics - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Webcomics - Page 2 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Webcomics - Page 2 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Webcomics

Go down 
+3
Kynale
Duskglass
sky665
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 am

Aaaah yes, it's always really sad to reach the latest page after a long archive-dive...

But yes Selini, you should start! C: If you're feeling really unprepared you can always try illustrating a couple of minicomics before diving into the main plot-- it's a good way to get some practise in without committing to a plotline that will take years to complete.

Tiuni wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa, how can we have a webcomics topic WITHOUT these beautiful creations??

Absolutely anything made by Evan Dahm must be read. If you're into epic world-building stories and something akin to JRR Tolkien, you can't go wrong with this guy! http://rice-boy.com/

And Gunnerkrigg Court! Been following it for years and I have yet to be disappointed! http://gunnerkrigg.com/index2.php
I think people assumed everyone has heard of the 'big' webcomics like Gunnerkrigg and Rice Boy, and decided to plug their lesser-known favourites first. c: (I know that's sort of how I looked at it, anyway.)

Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:20 am

Yeah, I shared mostly the ones I wasn't sure too many others knew about XD!

Gunnerkrigg and Rice boy are pretty well known I think. As they should be, such good comics~!!

Oh! And a new comic I just recently-ish found and I think wanted to post on here but haven't yet.. (Or have I? fff - let me check -- nope okay I don't thik so XD)

http://thefoxsister.com/

The Fox Sister!

Pretty gorey-ish? Just to warn you guys if you're not into that. But I'd say for gore it's pretty.. PG rating? XD Like .. if you could giving PG ratings to gore haha.

But pretty goood so far aahh I wish there was more up already~!
Back to top Go down
Tiuni

Art Gallery : http://tiuni.deviantart.com/
http://dimisfit.tumblr.com/

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 am

Oh I understood that, I just love these comics so whenever I get a chance to talk about them I take it, haha!

I have to admit that my list of good webcomics has been dwindling for a long while... But a new one I really adore is Paranatural! http://paranatural.net/

The best way to describe it was summed up by the artist: “X-Men meets Ghostbusters except everyone’s twelve.”

It is awesome. I really recommend it!
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:46 am

Oh gosh I love Paranatural! XD The artist is soo good with expressions and poses and all things comedy~!
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Duskglass wrote:
Aaaah yes, it's always really sad to reach the latest page after a long archive-dive...

But yes Selini, you should start! C: If you're feeling really unprepared you can always try illustrating a couple of minicomics before diving into the main plot-- it's a good way to get some practise in without committing to a plotline that will take years to complete.
It is. T-T
That is a good idea. =o I do have a lot of scenes in my head that I could use for practice. Very good point! *^*

Paranatural looks awesome. And the art in The Fox Sister is gorgeous. *adds both to her ever-growing list*
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm

omg so I just found this webcomic

It's called Godsend and it's beautiful. ._. Amazing, delicate, expressive art.... beautiful imagery, riveting story, great characters and worldbuilding built up a bit at a time, I just.... ahg, it's too good D:

Had to express how much I like it SOMEwhere, hopefully I will remember to add it to my links page when I get home... How did I manage to overlook it for so long before though?! Wow.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Hehe yess more webcomics! Latley I've been finding a bunch of new ones to read! The biggist one being Nimona!

I've also found and been reading Fishbones and The Property of Hate both which are really good!

Also I don't think I've shared Over the Wall with you guys yet have I? I was following it when it was still updating but I guess it's all finished for now and I'm SAD! I loved it a lot XD I want moore!

Oh yes! And Delilah Dirk! Which is also complete and finished for the time being~!

Siiggghh webcomics <3
What would I do if I was born a time period you didn't exists XD
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Heehee, I have read all of those ones actually, except for The Properties of Hate! Will have to check it out soonish :O

I remember Over the Wall, I think I found it when you mentioned it in a DA journal or something? It was really good! The author's said something about it coming out as a print book with 11 added pages and a few other changes sometime in June/July, hopefully I can pick it up when that happens :D
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 am

Yess they said there'd be more but aaahh I want more now~! XD
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 am

I just read through Godsend and wow it is fantastic ._. (I love the way magic is rendered in particular!)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Haha! The creator of Godsend commented on some other forums in which I was also on the look out for more webcomics. They were very happy when I told them how much you guys praised their comic hehe I think their words were something along the lines of "had to go roll on the floor in happiness now" XD

AND! I found some good new reads along side the links of their comic page I hadn't noticed before! ouo

Bold Riley which has two short very interesting short stories and Bright Stars which I haven't gotten to far in yet but so far is starting off fairly interesting! XD

AND this one that seems to have a compilation of a bunch of short comics I haven't quite read yet but skimmed and they all seem pretty interesting too! ouo
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:55 am

Awuuuuuu ;3; I met her briefly at SPX (just long enough to buy one of her beautimous comics) and she seemed really cool! One of those times I wished I was less shy so that I could talk more XD;;
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:22 am

OH NOOOO!! I found another new webcomic, and FELL IN LOVE with it. But as soon as I feel super in love with it I was like CAUGHT UP in the next couple pages. Crycrycry I want more ;n;

It's called Snarlbeast go reaaad it!!! It reads so well and so fast and simple just the way I like it heheh!

I also found these ones that I haven't read yet but I'm gonna post them up too in case they end up being just as goood!
Demon Street/
Schizoprenic Story Book
New America

Apparently they're all hosted on this site called ComicFury? How come I've never heard of this!? How come there seems to be a lot of cool webcomics to be found here!? How come how come!? Goodness! XD BRB digging deep into journey that is finding way too many comics at once
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Webcomics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics   Webcomics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Webcomics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: Art Central-
Jump to: