SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Why do you write? Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Why do you write? Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Why do you write? Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Why do you write? Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Why do you write? Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Why do you write? Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Why do you write?

Go down 
+2
Kynale
Duskglass
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you write?   Why do you write? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Just been thinking about this lately. What made you want to tell stories?
Back to top Go down
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you write?   Why do you write? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:16 pm

It's funny you made this topic because I was literally just thinking about this.

I've been making up stories since before I knew how to spell words; I used to recite them and make my parents write them down for me. So I'm not even sure where it came from... as far as I know I've always felt the need to tell stories.

Dunno if it's related, but I was practically an only child growing up (siblings were teens when I was born) and I didn't have many friends, so I had to rely on my imagination a lot... I used to play out scenarios, and then I'd write my favourites down and make them into actual stories.

Still have a lot of the old ones saved from when I was very young. My stories were often about cats or dinosaurs because that's what I liked to draw. XD And they were often strangely tragic for the age I was, usually at least one character died. I think I was heavily influenced by certain movies...

I would feel like I lost a huge part of my identity if I couldn't write stories anymore. The funny thing is I don't even feel much of a need to have people read my stories. I just need to get them out.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you write?   Why do you write? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 6:51 am

"strangely tragic for the age I was" "heavily influenced by certain movies"

I think that pretty much sums up my life story and reasons in a nutshell! XD (Reminds me when I would play with my toys... ALWAYS.... ALWAYS there would be someone who would get in danger/die/need to be saved and always my favorite toy would rescue them eheheh!)

My first stories though were always very influenced by SOMEthing else! It depended what I was interested in the time. They were usually just self-inserts ones into my favorite shows type things. (I'd have my own pokemon trainer who would go on silly adventures, I had a "Cat-Demon" who hung out with Inu-Yasha etc etc)

But I think my biggest inspiration were always webcomics! I still remember the very first webcomics I found online, and being SO into them and inspired and like WOW! Hey... I COULD do something like that! It was such an achievable goal, it big time encouraged me to get more into story telling. (Though, my very first one were still VERY MUCH copy-cat ones of the ones I had admired XD I kind of always knew that was the case though, and those were just fun and silly for my own enjoyment comics. Since back then though, I didn't have a scanner and the only art program I knew about was paint.)

I thought when I was in high school I'd grow up to be an animator, but now I think I realize I've ALWAYS wanted to just be a story teller, telling my own stories. And now I have so maaaany ideas I just want to get them ALL down and made and share them all and that is my life ambition now X'D

Thank goodness for stories
Back to top Go down
aaawhyme

aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you write?   Why do you write? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 2:33 am

I want to have something that I can show people I've accomplished. I want to get my ideas down in a form that others can enjoy, and think about, like I have thought about for so long. Also, because I want something of my own copyrighted haha. ._.
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you write?   Why do you write? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 6:40 pm

I had no idea how to answer this question for the longest time... @.@; But the only reason that I can think of right now for why I write is, well... because I want to XD; (and sometimes I HAVE to).

I got my start when I was really little as well. I used to write and illustrate my own children's books about a yellow cat and her animal friends. I've basically been wanting to tell stories ever since. Though now that I'm older I mostly just write to get my ideas down on paper. Character plots, back stories, dialogues, weird dreams I had that inspired me to to make a story out of them. It's a way for me to keep track of all the stuff that goes on in my head. XD (I have so many notebooks filled with that kind of stuff it's crazy.) I do hope to sit down and actually write a story again though. I really miss it. Though most of my stories I plan to draw out instead of write... hopefully. e_e
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you write?   Why do you write? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:01 pm

aaawhyme wrote:
I want to have something that I can show people I've accomplished. I want to get my ideas down in a form that others can enjoy, and think about, like I have thought about for so long. Also, because I want something of my own copyrighted haha. ._.

Yes, pretty much all of this!!

Also because I want to nurse and hug these stories and mother them because they turn into my children who bring me joy without all that pain and expense of real children buahah.

Also... it's very nice, to have stories to think about, when you have insomnia... when it takes you always an hour at least before you can fall asleep, uy X'D
Back to top Go down
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you write?   Why do you write? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:18 pm

sky665 wrote:

Also... it's very nice, to have stories to think about, when you have insomnia... when it takes you always an hour at least before you can fall asleep, uy X'D

Oh yes, I can relate to this so much... thinking about my stories keeps me from going crazy when I'm trying to sleep. @_@ It always takes me over an hour as well. Insomnia sucks.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you write?   Why do you write? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:19 am

I have a hard time thinking of a reply to this post that isn't basically 'what everyone else said' XD I used to play a lot of pretendy-games with my friends when I was a kid and gradually those evolved into me writing stories on my own based on them.... and in turn later on that evolved into me writing new stories that were entirely my own creation. I no longer really remember a time when I wasn't thinking about some kind of story; I'd daydream about them as I went to bed, and draw or write them during the day.

I don't exactly write professionally (...well, other than the comic, but that progresses very slowly and I am not trying to live off it), but I still love doing it and will probably do it always ;3;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why do you write? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you write?   Why do you write? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do you write?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: Writer's Corner-
Jump to: