SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Artist trading card swap!

Go down 
+7
Mashimizu
Selini
thewishbunny
Kynale
sky665
Duskglass
varethane
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Ooh yay, I'd love to Ky. =) And yeah we could do this type of art trade for a change. XD Awesome.

Ummm. So I guess we pm our requests to each other? Or do we place them here? ><;;
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Either way works! You'll want to use PMs when swapping the addresses but the topic's fine for requests :>
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Oh okay. =)

I'll edit this spot later with my requests because I need to spend some time gathering stuff together. ><;;

EDIT: Dunno if anyone will see this, but I updated my request a little. Basically it's the same as my SS Request. ^^ You can draw any of my OCs, or anything in there.

Last edited by Selini on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

Art Gallery : thewishbunny.deviantart.com
thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:35 pm

I was just going to draw some original art work of a random theme D: Likke I was planning to do characters based on flowers or all space themes for all the ATCs I send out.

Is that an option or should I just keep it all as request type ATCs?
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:57 pm

It depends who you're trading with! But in my experience, most people prefer art of their own characters.

EDIT: I just got my card from Thane! 8D
Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Tumblr_m8puqjeqPS1rcsmslo6_r1_500
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:28 am

Wooo two takers, so lucky.  So Kynale and Wishbunny, please tell me who/what you would like me to draw for you.  Either here or via PM.  You're welcome to request a style too if you have a preference.  Smile

I want...anything posted in my request thread OR you can draw your own character, preferably one with a story and who you are emotionally invested in rather than a random one.  Believe it or not, I really enjoy hearing people's stories, so getting one of a kind art of your characters, just for me, would also be amazingly special.  And please remember to sign the card.  :3

edit: Your card from Thane looks amazing Dusk. <3 So lucky.
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

Art Gallery : thewishbunny.deviantart.com
thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 am

Gah, gawjus ATC ;A;
Great job Vane~

Mashi;
Feel free to draw anyone in my request.
I'll add more to my request pretty soon as we're closing in on Secret Santa event as well.
If you'd like more options sooner, I could provide quickly drawn reference sheets for you of a few other characters. :) Just tell me if you need/want them. Also feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any of the characters and such.

Kynale;
You can PM me if you'd like to work it out over PMs. But the same stuff about updating and options is completely open to you as well Kynale <3
Back to top Go down
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:05 am

Wow that art is fantastic! Shocked 

K, I'll PM you two soon with details. <3
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:55 pm

That card is amazing. *o*
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Wheew okay so I found out today I DO need to stand in a long time at the post office to send even little letters to Canada! XD And I don't have time for that today~

SOo does anyone else here that lives in Canada or outside of the USA that'd like to do a trade with me? :3 I'd like to do a trade with everyone on here eventually! And I'd also like to cram all my trips to the post office waiting in long lines to just one trip if I can! XD
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Aww that sucks, Sky. Luckily here if it's just a letter I'm able to just put it in the mailbox, even if it's outside of Canada... no standing in line involved. I just have to weigh it first to make sure I have the right amount of stamps.

But anyway, I'd love to do one with you too! Though I should probably finish the three others I have promised, first. XD I don't think it'll take that long though since they're small, and I'm super excited and eager to finish them. (Just finally picked up some card stock today so I can get started!)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Yesss lets do it Kynale! 83 And no rush, I can wait! XD

Anything in particular you'd like for yours though?
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Any of my characters would be awesome! I don't care who, and I'm not picky with how they're drawn either. Even a stick figure version would make me happy, no lie. XD

Anything in particular for you? n.n
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Back to top Go down
twocue

twocue

Art Gallery : http://two-cue.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:45 pm

I just got my ATCs does anyone want to trade? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 am

So turns out the card stock I got warps when I try to paint on it. =\ I finished Mashi's, but now I'm not sure I can send it like this... how frustrating.

I tried a bunch of experiments to see if there was a way to paint without it bending, but so far no luck. So I wonder if I just need to try another material?

Like if I got a heavy watercolour paper and cut it into to card-sized pieces, would that be okay for this? Would anyone mind?

(I don't really have any other media to use, besides maybe a few coloured pencils. And I'm not so good with those...)
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 am

One of the cards I received was heavy watercolour paper xD Honestly the main concern is that you use thick enough paper for it to feel cardlike-- a heavy watercolour paper works just as well as bristol or cardstock. (The card I received looks about the same thickness as my own watercolour pad, which is 300gsm, and my bristol pad is 260gsm, so I guess that's a good weight range to look for.) Use a paper that works best with your media. C:

For the warped card, you could try pressing it with a dry iron (be sure not to use steam cause that will ruin it), or you could try getting the back of the cardstock damp and then pressing it under something flat and heavy, like a stack of books (you'll want to protect the books with something waterproof though). I've used both of these methods to help straighten out warpy paper, and found that they both help; I recommend trying the iron first. (it'd be a shame if you had to redo the card just because it was warpy!)

.....and another tip for warping, I've found that painting on a larger sheet and cutting it down afterwards reduces warp (as opposed to cutting the paper to card size before painting).
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Those are some really good suggestions, thanks Dusk. =) If I have to redo the card it's not a big deal, but I'll definitely give those a try first to see if I can fix it at all.

And yeah, my watercolour paper is the same thickness as the stock. Only problem I just realized is it's got a very course texture that makes work on a smaller scale like that more difficult, because the paint just kinda collects in the grooves. So I might see if I can find a smoother one first.

EDIT: I think I found some that's a little less rough, so I'll test that tonight.
Back to top Go down
Pirate_Kay

Pirate_Kay

Art Gallery : DA: http://piratekay.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:31 pm

I got my cards as well Very Happy! I would love to trade with anyone that is still wanting to trade. Smile
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:29 pm

YARRR so I finished a batch and was also given a nice little pack of precut paper by a cool friend, so I will tentatively open myself up for more of these :U (Was hesitating before because of lack of time, and.... well, these still might take awhile to finish, but I'd like to do more (: )

SO YEAH anyone who wants to do one with me, lemme know!
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Tumblr_mue50cvrYn1sqmd0co4_250

Got my beeeautiful smug lookin' Derek card from Thane~!! ;u;
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:12 pm

almost done the one for sky, and I can probably manage a few more between the other projects I've got going on :U
I'd do another with you, thane
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:09 pm

I'd do another with you dusk. specially if it means I get to see one of those funky custom stamps :D

Offer's generally open-- kynale, wishbunny, mashimizu, twocue, pirate-kay?
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 am

Just an update, I'm all done with Mashi's and Selini's. Smile The watercolour paper worked a lot better, but still warped a little bit, so I'm going to try some of Duskglass's ideas to see if I can fix it. But it's minor enough that I hope it won't be a big deal...

I would love to do one with varethane and everyone else who is open! But I think I'm going to finish my next two for wish and sky first, and then see who is still available after that. ^^; I feel guilty when I end up receiving art and I haven't even finished yet...

(That art for sky looks awesome, btw.)
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:10 am

I'll trade you, Ky! But it's fine if you want to wait and do the others first. C:

(alas, I'd have to use like 3 of the custom stamps to meet the international rate, so probably not for this round :c ...tho I guess I could use one custom stamp with a couple normal ones... hmmm!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artist trading card swap!   Artist trading card swap! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Artist trading card swap!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next