A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  
September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
by Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
by Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
by Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
by Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
by SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
by sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Share | 

Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Yes the series is great. Howl acting like a baby cracked me up. XD

Ahhhh Nausicaa how did I leave that one off my list? It's a great one.

Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle (even though it doesn't follow the book really) I love the most, but Nausicaa is definitely in the top too.

Totoro is really cute but I liked the other ones better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 pm

OH yeah I forgot I've seen Howl's Moving Castle too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Ah! Wow you HAVE seen a good share of ghibli movies then Thane! You made me feel like it was otherwise XD Heheh Totoro I highly suggest watching to witness the greatness that is the catbus. Porrco is alright, a little bit on the super-laid-back-slow-paced side for me to want to watch it again, ever heh!

I---..actually can't say I love ghibli's Howl movie XD Because I read the book first knowing it was a ghibli movie. And fell in love with the book - head over heels. And then they changed SO MUCH for the movie, all I can do is see a pretty animation that took a story I loved and but like - only just the names and settings of the characters and just did whatever with it and so I'm just like, "NO NO NO what're you doing too my babies!" too much to enjoy it >>;; Still, as always, really nice animations though.

And AHHH yes! I have the whole manga series for Nausicaa also! :3 Since Nausicaa, I believe, was Miyazaki's first real movie. I remember watching a documentary in which they explained he tried really hard to get his script for Nausicaa accepted and no studios would take it because 'it didn't have a popular manga' for it first. (Which I guess is a MUST to get an animated movie made in Japan XD) So Miyazaki was like well FINE. And made the manga. And it was de poopulars. And then movie could happens hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Let's see... favourite animal would be cats (to me, the perfect pet XD), and foxes. When I was a kid we used to have a fox that would visit our house every night for food. I know it probably wasn't good to be feeding her. >> But man she was so lovely. She would just curl up in front of our back door waiting. Then she had a litter of little fox pups and they were the most adorable things in the world.

I think that was what made me fall in love with foxes at a young age. Such beautiful critters. My favourite kind is the arctic fox. <3

Colours: I love purple most, then my second favourite is probably turquoise. I also love the two of those in combination.

Food: Probably spaghetti. XD It's tough though and always changing depending on what I feel like on any given day.

And to contribute to the Studio Ghibli discussion, I have loved all the ones that I've seen and that you guys listed. Very Happy There is also a lesser known (or talked about, anyway) one called Whisper of the Heart that I really liked, because I remember I could relate to it so much. It really mirrored my own life in many ways. It was also just really cute and touching, even though it may not be quite as fantastical as some of the others.

And yeah, Grave of the Fireflies is the only movie I have ever watched where I literally cried from beginning to end. By the end my trash bin was overflowing with tissues. Amazing movie, but you probably shouldn't watch if you're looking for something uplifting. @_@

As for Howl, it's been so long since I've read the book or seen the movie, but I seem to recall liking both. XD I want to go back and read the book again now though, especially now that I know there are sequels... so curious about those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Hee yes DO read the book series! They're wonderful! :3

and oh yes!! Whisper of the Heart!! I actually REALLY RECOMMEND THAT ONE TOO THANE if you haven't seen it XD That one is like a movie EVERY artist and or writer should watch because it's just so truueee to the essence of wanting to do what you love. And the struggles it can be but, to always and always, keeeep on truckin'!

And woow neighborhood fox and foxy babies aahh! I'm jealous, that sounds like a wonder little piece of childhood~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:07 pm

A fox that slept on your doorstep? So lucky. We had some move in under our shed for a couple weeks that would play in the driveway and were beautiful but they moved away so fast. Foxes Every time I see those domesticated foxes I want one but they're too expensive. XD

I was the same as you Kynale...it had been so long since I read the book that I was able to separate the book and the movie. If you do read the books be forewarned that the main characters are not Howl and Sophie it is just set in the same world and they are barely in the second book at all.

They did the same thing to Earthsea...just mashed stuff together from multiple books.

Whisper of the Heart is really sweet. I think of it every time I see these cat BJDs that look like the ones from the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Haha yes, I agree Sky. I remember my mom bought me Whisper of the Heart just because she knew I had liked some of the other Studio Ghibli movies. I had no clue what it was about going into it, but was floored by how much it spoke to me. It was exactly what I needed to watch. I definitely recommend it for any writer or artist as well. Or hell, anyone who is pursuing a dream!

And yes... I must see if I can dig some pictures up of that fox. x3 I miss her.

EDIT: Here she is.

I'm not sure if we ever got pics of the pups sadly. She was protective of them and would make them hide in the forest behind our house while she approached our door for food. But they were really playful and wouldn't always listen to mom, so they'd pop out now and then. Then she would run back and nudge them back in. XD

EDIT 2: I found another type of visitor we had. XD We didn't feed these guys though. They would just steal our bird seed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:00 am

GOSH that sounds so adorable XD AND WOW you jsut really have all of nature's animals coming to visit you heheheh. I think the most exotic animal that could ever visit my house is... a coyote!? Mostly just squirrels and raccoons though :B
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:45 am

I really love both the book and film of Howl's Moving Castle... I don't really consider them to be the same story though.

For animals.... I've always wanted a cat but I never got to have one because my parents were both allergic. :'C I often played with friends' cats and the outdoor cats living in my neighbourhood, though! (haha, I'm still that person who goes straight to the cat when I'm visiting someone xD;;; )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 pm

That's so cute that you had those fox visitors Ky. They sound so adorable!

Favorite color for me would be blue. I also think teal is quite gorgeous. And I like grey and brown, too. Oh and indigo. XD

For animals, I just loooove penguins. I want one... so bad. T3T Pet-wise, I tend to lean towards dogs. I also like dolphins, duckies, and I have a fondness for reptiles as well.

Foods, I like anything and everything spicy. I love having that extra kick. My favorite kind of dish is chicken teriyaki though. I also enjoy pasta and pizza. ^^ (Just add cayenne pepper to all those things, hehe)

For vacation place, I love going to Orlando, Florida. My family used to vacation there every year when I was little and it was always so special.

Favorite artist, hmmm... I really look up to ones like Glen Keane and Steve Purcell. I admire them so much. *-* And yes, Miyazaki of course. =D

I've seen a good amount of the Ghibli films (thanks to Kynale, haha). I remember really liking Nausicaa. That's probably my next favorite after Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, which I really need to read the books of because you guys are making me so curious. *o* That's so cute that Howl and Sophie make a cameo later on in the series, aww, I love things like that. x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Just wanted to say that I took a couple suggestions from this thread, hehe.

I just watched Ink, which I think was aaawhyme's favourite... I have to say it was one of the weirdest movies I've seen, but I really enjoyed it. Very cute and touching. And yes, made me tear up quite a bit. Thanks for mentioning it because I had never heard of it before this thread. That little girl is the cutest. @_@

I also finally started watching Game of Thrones... and it looks like I have a new favourite TV series. It's so good! I'm often wary of book adaptions, but they do a really good job. Some parts are even better than the books, I think. XD And such an amazing cast; the characters all look exactly like I pictured (aside from the children all being older, but I understand why they did that).

I also started reading Unsounded but I'm not very far in yet. Definitely gonna read through the whole thing when I finish school in a couple weeks. x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaawhyme

3dBrooke
Facebook
Tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:43 am

Kynale wrote:
Just wanted to say that I took a couple suggestions from this thread, hehe.

I just watched Ink, which I think was aaawhyme's favourite... I have to say it was one of the weirdest movies I've seen, but I really enjoyed it. Very cute and touching. And yes, made me tear up quite a bit. Thanks for mentioning it because I had never heard of it before this thread. That little girl is the cutest. @_@

I also finally started watching Game of Thrones... and it looks like I have a new favourite TV series. It's so good! I'm often wary of book adaptions, but they do a really good job. Some parts are even better than the books, I think. XD And such an amazing cast; the characters all look exactly like I pictured (aside from the children all being older, but I understand why they did that).

I also started reading Unsounded but I'm not very far in yet. Definitely gonna read through the whole thing when I finish school in a couple weeks. x3
oh yay! that's awesome! I'M SO GLAD YOU WATCHED INK djskfhsdjkf. It feels good that someone else is now more knowledgeable of the movie Ink! ;D SPREAD THE WORD OF IT'S WEIRD GREATNESS. <3

Game of throne is so awesome. xD I'm getting it for my mom's birthday, she's already hooked on it because of me harharhaharhar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Ahh! I too finally watched ink XD I'm glad it wasn't a scary movie like that trailer mislead me to believe it was haha. I didn't know it was an independent film though, soooo much... experimental odd camera shot and effects in it haha.

Was a really nice movie though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:10 pm

It wasn't scary, but I still found the incubi pretty creepy hehe. XD And yeah, forgot to say, the whole thing felt very dream-like from the way it was shot and the effects. And the story in general, I guess. That might have been the intention. But either way it was a neat experience.

And aaahwhyme, that's awesome that you got your mom into Game of Thrones. I don't think I could ever watch it with my parents sadly. xD; I know my dad would probably like it, but some parts would be super awkward...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coy51

Art Gallery : http://51coy51.deviantart.com/gallery/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Favorite Movies:
1. Sucker Punch
2. Anchorman
3. Happy Gilmore

Favorite Video Games:
1. Gears of War Series
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Assassin's Creed 3

Favorite Music Genres:
1. Electro House
2. Most types of rock/metal
3. Rap/hip hop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salya

Art Gallery : http://leenaofdarkness.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:04 am

hmm Here's my favs. XD

Movies:
Transforms -all of them-
Final Fantasy 7 ACC
How to train your dragon

Games:
Pokemon
Final fantasy
Suikoden
Devil May Cry

Books:
House of Night
Night World
...anything fantasyish

Colors:
Black, Red, Marron, Navy Blue and purple.

Anime:
Beyblade
FullMetal Alchemist
Yu Yu Hakusho

blah. I only listed the few of my favs. XD

If you need me, you can find me on my own site:
My Deadly Sins
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   

Back to top Go down