A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
by Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
by Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
by Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
by Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
by SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
by sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Share | 

Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Then we give ALL OUR MONIES AND THANKS to companies like Sanzaru Games who bring back the fun colorful world of older platformer games we fell in love with and can continue playing!! XD

((I can only regret and wish that Spyro was as lucky to get recreated by companies that actually care to give it JUSTICE and not... just take the character we love and do their own things with them and just SIGHHHhhnewspyrogamessiigghhh))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:04 pm

sky665 wrote:
((I can only regret and wish that Spyro was as lucky to get recreated by companies that actually care to give it JUSTICE and not... just take the character we love and do their own things with them and just SIGHHHhhnewspyrogamessiigghhh))

((siiiigggghhhhnewjak&daxtergameTPLandthatoneRatchet&ClankadventurenotproducedbyInsomniacthatalsosucked..... :C Somehow they just.... lose their magic as soon as someone else does them, I dunno D: Even the animation felt stiffer...... and the botched characterizations, I just... UGH.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Yeaah maaan.... WHICH JUST MAKES ME EVEN MORE THANKFUL FOR SANZARU GAMES.

1/4 Companies got it right at least.

Now we need another great company to adopt Okami or something. Where is our legit sequel to that game. (Okamiden was CUTE but totally not really a sequel cause where is Ammy, give us ammy back lets go on another adventure with Ammy not her out-of-no-where-son hahaha)

Also where is our Last Guardian game. Does a new company need to adopt that. Is it still in production.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Oh that's right, the makers of Infamous also did Sly Cooper. *o* Yeah, I think I have a weakness for animated cutscenes. XD Especially the 2D ones. I remember that was my prime motivation for wanting to progress through Infamous, lol. I'm curious about the ones in Sly Cooper now. XD

Lol, cartoon anthro mode. XD That does seem to be the trend, like you guys said. o-o

Yeah, The Walking Dead video game by Telltale was really well done. I didn't play it myself (as I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it XD), but I watched a bunch of LPs and thought it was so cool how different players' choices gave different outcomes in the game. Some of the decisions it forced you to make completely blew my mind. XD And yes, the game definitely tugged at my heartstrings for sure. T_T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:31 pm

sky665 wrote:
Also where is our Last Guardian game. Does a new company need to adopt that. Is it still in production.

No no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I do not trust anyone but Fumito Ueda to make those games right. 8C I do hope they get it together soon though, unless they decided at some point to wait for the next generation of consoles....? (skipping PS3 entirely, l-lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:42 am

Selini wrote:
And hooray, I see you guys mentioning A:TLA, I love that series! I also can't wait to see the next season of Legend of Korra. :D A lot of other TV shows I watch have been mentioned already too.
As much as I love A:tLA, I was really disappointed with Korra. The first few episodes were wonderful, and of course the animation and soundtrack remained stunning all the way through, but the writing just... wasn't that great. (I still really WANT the next season to be good, of course, and I still intend to watch it, but I've stopped having particularly high hopes for it...) It's just that they set up so many great things in those first few episodes and then dropped the ball on all of them, which is always a big disappointment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selini

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Yeah, it did seem a little rushed towards the end... But I figure it was because the series was originally intended to be only 12 episodes long. Now that Nickelodeon picked up more seasons, they probably have time to develop the story more I guess. Though I heard the next one is gonna be 14 eps. Would be nice if it was longer, but I still look forward to it. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 pm

....I could rant about all of the things that were problematic in Korra and how they could have avoided those problems but I think I will refrain. <_< But needless to say, the issues go far deeper than the pacing...
Buuuut I don't want to ruin your enjoyment of it if you're more forgiving than I am. xD;;;
(....unless you want to hear it, in which case I could? But all the points have been made by people far more eloquent than me.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:11 pm

I don't really watch Korra, but it's one of those fandoms that pops up a ton in my tumblr feed, so much that I can almost follow along with the basic plot happenings. xD Some of the rants and debates people post regarding it are really interesting to read, even though I'm not part of the fandom. I'm curious if they are the same issues as you have, Dusk.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 pm

They probably are <_< I've got a fair amount of issues with the series as well... This post goes into most of mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selini

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Lol, sure Dusk, feel free. XD I already hear a lot of discussion and rants from places like tumblr as well, so it's probably nothing like I haven't heard before. I know I've had some gripes about how certain things were handled... (like relationships >> But I'm picky I guess XD) And something about Korra's behavior at the very end of the finale rubbed me the wrong way.

But sure, go ahead if you want to!

Lol, Ky, yeah you probably know a lot about the show just from your tumblr feeds, I imagine. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:33 am

Okay wow this post turned into the hugestest textwall. I guess I still have a looooot of feelings about this show.... <_<

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selini

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:52 am

Lol, that's okay. I agree with a lot of those points, too. (I'd say more, but gaahh, I might end up typing too much)

And well... I still enjoyed the ride. XD Though I definitely do prefer the original A:TLA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:47 pm

hahaha, typing too much... every time I start talking about Korra I can't stop, so I don't blame you xD;;;

And there definitely were parts I enjoyed! (Lin battling airships single-handedly and sacrificing herself to save the only airbenders in the world... for me that was the high point of the series. And Iroh was pretty great too xD )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Lin, Iroh and Tenzin were by far the best parts of the show for me :')

Iroh shoulda shown up WAY sooner (a lot of things ought to have happened way sooner for that matter, the pacing of the show was allll over the place)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:37 am

And they could have, if only they'd cut the stupid love polygon plot and had fewer episodes devoted to pro-bending... nrrrgh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am

When I heard Bryke announce they were going to be putting more romance into book 2...................

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Oh gosh, they ARE!? XD Guuhhh. I at least hope my poor baby Bolin just stays OUT OF ALL THINGS BEING LOVE INTERESTS THIS TIME. Excluding his deep true love for Pabu. That is the only allowed love.
((Also, how about that deep connection between Pabu and Naga!?))

ALTHOUGH It's also going to finally have some more spirit world stuff. And that was always like, one of the coolest parts of the avatar universe. So... let's hope there will be enough cool spirit shenanigans to outweigh anymore unneeded romancey things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Mmm so how about more classic favorites?

Colors anyone? Mine is bluue~ Baby/light color blues are the rest!

Animals? Dragons/Kitties/Foxes/and Owwls for me XD .. most of those I like mainly just art-wise, for pets I've learned cats are the only thing I can seriously manage haha.

Foooods? This one is always the hardest for me to answer cause I feel like my favorite foods are either always changing or I just.. forget about them. XD But I really like mostly pizza and sushi. (But not.. at the same time haha)

Also just anything that is bread mixed with cheese in general 8'3

Favorite place to go for vacation?
(For me Disneylaaand! Alwayys <3)

Favorite artist?
I really like Chris Sanders art, and Patrick Smith's animations eee

But I think my all time most inspirational artist that been inspirin' me before I even realized it will always be Miyazaki hehe

Mmm thats all the lame favorite questions I can think of for now XD How about yooouuu guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:40 pm

My favorite color changes...it's grey at the moment but it's also been green, light blue, and dark brown.

For pets I am a dog person. I like wolves and dragons for drawing.

I love Italian food and Indian food.

I like to go to the island my family went to when I was young for vacation. It has a lot of good memories and the beaches are not crowded at all.

Favorite artist...so many. I'm fond of Monet though if you go with classical artists, his paintings make me feel like I'm submerged in water the same temperature as my skin, and I can breath.

Miyazaki...I agree, as I said before I love love the Ghibli studio. I love most of the fantasy films done by them. Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle (so different than Diana Wynne Jones novel but still good), Spirited Away, and Arrietty. <3 Some of them I haven't been as fond of though I couldn't get into Pom Poko and some of the war ones just made me sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Oooh! Have you read Howl's Moving Castle? ((And possibly the sequels castle in the air/house of many ways?))

But yeah oh gosh Pom Poko .. XD Soo.. anatomically correct hehe. Yeah not all ghibli movies are the most entertaining of the bunch. I think I've tried watchin Only Yesterday before and got like... half way until I gave up because it was just a slooooow paced moooovie which not much going on it it.

But ahhh- by war movies do you mean Grave of the Fireflies? Also known as Ghibli's most depressing movie ever made ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 pm

I have read all of the books in the Howl's Moving Castle series and I've actually read her other series too like the Derkholm one and the Chrestomanci one. XD I was pretty young when I read them originally (middle school I think) but I went back and reread them last year. I love fantasy and science fiction books so I tend to read a ton of them. Although recently I haven't been reading enough novels, too many comics. I should go to the library.

Speaking of Ghibli movies made from books I have also read the earthsea series. XD

Pom Poko... They have tanuki statues on the street of Japan that are anatomically correct in exactly that way.

Yes I was thinking of Grave of the Fireflies it was so sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:32 pm

sky665 wrote:
Foooods? This one is always the hardest for me to answer cause I feel like my favorite foods are either always changing or I just.. forget about them. XD But I really like mostly pizza and sushi. (But not.. at the same time haha)

But what about...... sushi pizza??

(I had no idea this was a Toronto-specific thing until I googled for pictures to make this response, lol. On that note while I too am a fan of sushi and pizza, I am not a fan of sushi pizza)

Hmm.... colour: reds and oranges (though bright iridescent teals/tea greens are great too)

I am an unapologetic cat person (though I haven't had a pet since I was 7 ;A; ), though when it comes to drawing I have a strong preference towards insects. BUGSSSSSS. With a side order of lizards/crocs/snakes and so on.

Food...... dim sum, omg. Dumplings and steam buns...... My favourite food in the whole world, which I have sadly been unable to get for years now, has gotta be the tofu buns that were sold at a little bakery in Chinatown here. They were the ONLY place that sold them, and I have no idea what the recipe was (except that they made their own delicious egg bread in the store daily so it was always fresh, and the tofu patties included green onions as well as probably other herbs and seasonings)..... so when the bakery closed down for renovations and didn't open back up, that meant the end of tofu buns for me. 8C Come baaaack, Yung Sing Pastry Shop, I miss you ;A;

Indian curries and paneer, sushi (especially anything with avocado in it) and pizza with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes are a close runner-up.

Uhhhhhh for vacation places I like.... skiing. The crazier the view from the top of the mountain, the better 8D And the crisp chill air, and the stunted snow-plastered trees, and the powdery snow and the howl of the wind......

I've never seen a bunch of Ghibli films and I know I ought to correct this sooner or later. Totoro being probably the most egregious oversight..... <_< >_>

My favourite artist....... now THAT is a hard one. Genndy Tartakovsky is pretty high up there if we're talking about animation directors (gotta see Hotel Transylvania sometime soon too, while I'm thinking of it), along with Bruce Timm. Bob Rafei's been a huge inspiration of mine, and also Wendy Pini, and Jeff Smith, and of course Miyazaki..... And I am definitely leaving out a lot, I like a lot of artists sdkjfvhsdkjf I would probably give different answers if you were to have asked this tomorrow. XD

If I go with 'artist whose work is currently preoccupying my mind the most', then it is probably Ashley Cope. :T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Ahh Mashi isn't the howl's series JUST AMAZINGS then!? Eeheeheh. Gosh, I love it when Howl and Sophie finally show up in the second ones. And they're all still being the adorable bickering couple who are also married now and with a babby heeehehe.

Oh gosh, sushi pizza.. does not sound good XD And ahh yes Thane, WATCH ALL THE GHIBLI MOVIES! Well, not all but - for sure at least if you've watched Spirited away and Princess Mononoke you're doing pretty well off XD I think those are his best animatoood adventurous ones. (And also Nausicaa and Castle in the Sky are must sees as well. Ahh.. Nausicaa is especially dear to me haha it.. IT MADE MY SINGLE TEAR. QUITE LITERALLY. It was magical haha I watched it for the first time some years ago and at the end of the movie I felt a single tear drop roll down my cheek and was like .. what.. WHAT IS THIS!?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
varethane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Hehehe.... Yeah, I have seen those two! (And I own all of the Nausicaa manga too, I actually read it before I watched the animated and... I think I prefer it? XD It's way more involved and the art is so detailed and the whole story just feels so.... complete, I guess, and elaborate, while the anime is more simplified).

I've seen Princess Mononoke (omfg favourite ever), Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Cagliostro, The Cat Returns, Ponyo, Grave of the Fireflies, Arrietty, and Nausicaa; Ghibli has released an awful lot of other movies though (not all of which were worked on by Miyazaki himself (hell a couple of the ones ON my list weren't worked on by Miyazaki), but I digress), and I still haven't seen a few of the classics, like Porco Rosso and Totoro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS   

Back to top Go down

Favorite Movies/Videogames/EVERYTHINGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SS4A :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: