SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Introduce your Characters!

Go down 
+4
Selini
sky665
Kynale
Duskglass
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 am

Okay I scribbled up a ref of Nic!

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Nicderps_by_phantomteacup-d5uvhaj
name: Nicolas d'Montmorency (also goes by Nic)
story title: nope
personality: Grumpy asshole who hates everything. Does what he wants because he doesn't care what people think of him. He dislikes dealing with people in general, but particularly if they want something from him.
family/relationships: No family; he's immortal in a weird semi-undead way and everyone he cared about died a long time ago.
occupation/hobbies: He's an alchemist! His hobbies are working on sciency shenanigans all alone, smoking, and forgetting to eat. (He is incredibly unhealthy, but it doesn't really matter because he can't die of malnourishment/starvation. xD;;; )
goals/aspirations: He's trying to find a way to return to his home world. Not so much because he really wants to go back, but because he needed to give himself something to do to keep himself from going (completely) mad.
brief story description: Ummm I don't know what part to talk about. There's sort of two main story arcs about him not counting his origin story; one in which Phantom gets stranded in his world as well (Phantom helps him work out a formula to open the gate again, but it only works if one stays behind to anchor it-- Nic insists that Phantom take the chance while he stays behind, because Phantom still has people who care about them while for Nic it's about the journey, not the destination) and the other is about a mercenary called Odin who is blackmailed into finding Nic and he gets dragged off to meet Odin's 'Master' (but all does not go as planned).

annnnd that's pretty much it!!
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:04 pm

He really is a grumpy dead guy like Nic XD

Nic and Nic - a bromance match made in heaven. It was meant to be. They'd enjoy each others company simply complaining about how dead they are, all day, everyday.
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 IWYmR3i
name: Jack and Ryuu

story title: Breathless

personality:
Jack: She is all fire and brimstone. She picks a fight at the drop of a hat, and is constantly charging into everything without looking. She is actually fairly intelligent but lacks a sense of caution/common sense. Most people in the story view her as male because she appears and behaves as if she is male but she is female.. She is very loyal to her clan and pretty much does not care about people outside it unless they seem useful.

Ryuu: Ryuu is very calm and steady. He is intelligent and always does things after a lot of thought and consideration. He is a good person, and will sacrifice things for the greater good. He is the type that takes care of other people. He is also very loyal to the clan but has a strong sense of what is good and evil and often feels conflicted because of this. He doesn't mind fighting and also has a bit of a dark side.

family/relationships:
Jack: Father, Mother, Uncle, her cousin Albert, Grandparents on her Mother's side.

Ryuu: Father, Step Mother, Mother, Grandparents on both sides.

occupation/hobbies:
Jack: Occupation would be clan member I guess. Kind of like a minor unofficial leader. On this world the population is pretty low and the government pretty much consists of warring clans and she is the child of one of the leaders of those clans. XD Hobby would be fighting.

Ryuu: Also a clan member. He has just returned from studying off-planet so he doesn't really have a place yet. He is very skilled at creating illusions. His hobby would be reading books.

goals/aspirations:
Jack: Be designated as the next clan leader. Beat Ryuu to a pulp (his father is the second in command so she sees him as a rival).

Ryuu: It's a secret.

brief story description:
There is a planet that people colonized and then after they landed there it changed and the air became unbreathable. It's full of monsters and is pretty much a terrible place to live, and they have to wear masks or regulators on their arms just to survive outside. The planet is full of illegal activities that could get them in huge trouble with the interplanetary government that controls all the planets with humans on them.

The story starts with Jack involved with some clan wars stuff while trying to stay out of the eyes of the off-planet government. There is some other stuff going on off planet that could affect them in a really negative or positive way depending on how it gets resolved. And of course the planet itself is full of secrets. It's pretty complicated, sorry haha.

Last edited by Mashimizu on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:53 am

Ooooh, yes! Great to see you posting here, Mashi! :DD
(And complicated stories are perfectly fine! A lot of mine are; I just strip out a lot when writing up that last section. xD;; )

I'm a bit confused about your use of 'genderbent' though... that usually refers to a redesign of an existing character as the opposite gender. (I assume you mean your character is a cis female who is mistaken for male due to her mannerisms and style of dress? Unless I'm reading this completely wrong...)
Back to top Go down
Mashimizu

Mashimizu

Art Gallery : deviant|tumblr

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:23 am

Errr I just used it because if you were reading manga the genre would be "gender bender" and I tried to figure out how to apply the term to a person, sorry if I misused the term. She appears and behaves as if she is male but is female. She doesn't really think about if she identifies as one gender or the other, she doesn't really care about gender. I tend to have a lot of characters like that, they feel comfortable. IE on gaia when I had a male avatar I dressed it as a female and when I had a female avatar I dressed it as a male... Not sure why gender bending is attractive to me. XD You understood what I meant. I'll change it since it's confusing though.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 am

Ah, I see xD I never read much manga and I have no idea what the genres are (I just picked up stuff that looked cool).
The main thing I was unsure of was whether it was intentional crossdressing, or just people being mistaken, or an FtM character being referred to incorrectly (cause I guess when people refer to transgender people by the wrong pronouns it bothers me even if they're just fictional characters...? idk.)
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

Art Gallery : Deviantart Gallery | Webcomic

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:18 am

May as well throw some more characters into the ring. :I

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Astrid_bethan_ref_zps799fceff
so much blond hair how did this happen

names: Astrid (dude on left) and Bethan (girl on right)

story title: Chirault!

personality: Astrid is a pretty uppity mage. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else (and possibly is), and is generally a cocky asshole who goes through life with the perpetual assurance that magic will save his butt if he gets in trouble. He's not easily deterred by unpredictability, either, tending to go 'ooh, how interesting!' when something responds in an unusual or dangerous way. He's careful to be very polite so while people may distrust him, they can rarely think of a concrete reason to do so, and he's slowly working his way to the top.

Bethan is a somewhat shy but also inquisitive girl from a small village; she's pretty handy with a sword (and bow, and spear) but hasn't had much opportunity or inclination to branch out beyond that until recent events sparked her curiosity. She's got a strong moral streak that can get her into trouble sometimes.

family/relationships: Astrid's parents died of illness he was small. He was taken in when he was about seven or eight by the mages' guild when the man who'd been training and employing him was arrested for unlicensed use of magic; he sees Heryan and Rune, his mentors, far more as parents than anyone else, though they spent only a very short amount of time specifically assigned as his guardians.

Bethan's mother disappeared when she was in her early teens, on what was supposed to be a short excursion into the forest from which she never returned (this sort of thing happens with relative frequency in the rural areas). Her father was killed when a large two-mouthed demon called a Strider attacked the village, the same event that led to Bethan meeting Kiran and Teeko.

occupation/hobbies: Astrid is a mage, which means he is (of necessity) a member of the mages' guild; he researches magic and develops new spells, and tracks down illegal magic use in whatever area he's been stationed. He loves this job and cannot possibly see himself doing anything else; he also has close ties to some high-up members of the Guild, which puts him In The Know for a lot of things he by all rights should be too young/low-ranked to have any idea of.

Bethan was one of her village's warriors, trained with various types of weapons to keep her village safe from whatever might pass by. She likes it well enough, being reasonably strong and agile, and it was nice to have a purpose; but as she grew older she did start to feel a little restless being stuck in the same place all the time... not that she would tell anyone. (Who would she tell?)

goals/aspirations: Astrid wants to GET TO THE TOP 8U Perhaps not actually be in charge, because he doesn't particularly want to be widely-known....... he just wants to Know All The Things and be the one who pulls the strings.

Bethan.... isn't really sure anymore. Before the events of the story she had a vague, nagging feeling that she could probably be doing more with her skills, but now that she's actually out of her village and on the move she's pretty occupied with finding a way to stop being immaterial (because being unable to touch or influence anything in the physical world kinda sucks when all the people you care about keep getting into trouble). She feels a vague sense of obligation to eventually go back and rejoin the rest of her villagers to help them rebuild, but there are a lot of other more pressing concerns to take care of first.

brief story description: A lot of it was covered by some of the descriptions here, and in the entry on Kiran and Teeko. Some bullet points:

-Giant monster attacks village
-Kiran, Teeko, Bethan, and the village chief fight the monster off but in the process the village is destroyed (Astrid arrives with a group of demon hunters who'd been stationed nearby towards the end of this, having been called in but arriving a little late)
-As the village has been destroyed, Astrid and the demon hunters shepherd the now-displaced villagers to a nearby town where they can seek shelter; this happens to be the only town with a river crossing, so Kiran and Teeko end up heading there too
-Magical shenanigans happen in the town and Bethan is rendered immaterial.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:39 am

gonna talk about these derps :U !
Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Vagrant_by_phantomteacup-d5v0ec5
names: elf dude is Líntath; he also goes by Lin. The Spirit has no name and is just called Spirit. (The artifact it inhabits is usually called the Cube; SUCH A CREATIVE NAME I KNOW.)
story title: Abyssal (but I may change it, idk! Lin's also in Alizaron which is the Phantom/Shru story.)
personality: Lín is a cynical, sarcastic asshole. He rarely listens to advice, and is fiercely independent and slow to trust others. He treats everyone he meets about the same (he has no respect for authority and hates being told what to do). He doesn't care what people think of him. He's bad at showing affection, but he'll be there when it counts.
The spirit is bitter and resentful about being stuck inside the Cube. It has no choice who the Cube's Master is, and it is used to being treated like an object, not a sentient being. It kind of hates everything, but especially its Master.
family/relationships: Lín's parents were killed when he was young, and he always felt like an outsider in his home. He has very few friends; almost no one likes him (and it's pretty much entirely his fault). He's the only Master to treat the Spirit as more than a tool.
The spirit is sort of a mashup of different souls that fused into a single being over time. (It can't really be considered to have a family, though its component souls likely did at one point.) It generally avoids direct contact with its Master, as it really doesn't want anything to do with them. (Lín is the exception to this because he initiated their interactions.)
occupation/hobbies: Lín doesn't currently have an occupation, though he is good at fighting. His hobby is being a troll. (He also has telekinetic powers and is missing about half his body.)
Spirit is a slave, basically a magical battery in the form of a soul. Its hobbies are hating everyone and tricking its Masters into relying on it and trusting it enough that it can steal their bodies. (This gives it a brief period of non-enslavement until its magic corrodes the stolen body.) It also enjoys saying terrible things to its Masters, though they normally can't hear/understand it.
goals/aspirations: Lín doesn't really have a goal, except to wander the worlds and explore new places. (His lack of a goal confuses the Spirit; he doesn't seem to want the Cube for anything at all.) Spirit longs to be free, more than anything else. It also likes being treated like a person.
brief story description: Shenanigans happen that result in Lín coming into possession of the Cube, and he goes to wander around in the strange spaces between worlds. (He knows the dangers of the Cube better than most, as he can understand the spirit's nasty mutterings.) The story is basically them coming to respect and trust (and even like) each other as they go on adventures in the creepy between-place!
(Side note: the Cube is completely separate from the Spirit's will and is not itself sentient-- it operates on a set of programmed codes, like an AI. The spirit can technically act on its own but it is not able to violate the codes, and thus has very little real power. The aforementioned body-stealing is a loophole in this programming.)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Ah, so many more good character additions! XD
I'll share s'more too!

Spoiler:

Name: Oliv (Deer girl), and Drake (Dragon boy)
Story title: Contact

Personality: Oliv is very serious and stern when it comes to her beliefs. She's very big on proving herself, since it's something she is constantly having to do in the village she lives in. She's used to being ridiculed and talked down to by the villagers, but uses these things to fuel her ambition in proving them wrong.

Drake is someone who also shares these ridicules from his own villagers, but rather for being horrible at slaying monsters which every young man is suppose to strive for. He isn't out to prove anything though, he knows they're right. He would rather just hang around somewhere peaceful and play his flute.

Family/relationships: Oliv had a really close bond with her dad. He's the one who secretly taught her how to hunt and fight because he felt she should know how to protect herself. But her father died when she was little, and his death caused her mother to fall into a deep depression. This depression grew into a form of self-loathing personality in which she tries to make everyone feel as miserable as her. She doesn't bother much with life anymore, so Oliv has it taken upon herself to help care for her. While she has a poor relationship still with her mother, she's the only kind of relationship she has since everyone else in the village sees her as a disobedient ruffian. There is one other deer kid in the village that treats her with respect, because she saved his life once. But he doesn't hang around her or anyone to know since she has such a bad reputation.

Drake only has his dad, who is also chief of his tribe. His mother left when he was little because she was fed up with his father. He doesn't know where she is now. He also share a poor relationship with his father, who is extremely disappointed in him for his lack in enthusiasm of wanting to go on monster hunts with him. (He constantly still drags him along on some occasion though, hoping the excitement will spark something inside of him - but it never does.) Other than that, Drake also doesn't have any friends in the village - some even like to bully him a lot - so he prefers to be by himself most of the time.

Occupation/hobbies: While Oliv is good at hunting, and practices it constantly it's really something she just does to feel closer to her Dad and prove a point to her village. What she really enjoys doing when no one is around is painting!

Drake enjoys sleeping in and cooking delicious food. He also loves to play his flute! Hehe.

Goals/aspirations: Obviously, Oliv wants to prove to her village she can be just as good as a hunter (If not better) than the others. ((Story wise: She wants more than anything to face the one who cursed her and get them to break the curse.))

Drake wants to live a long and peaceful life. ((Story wise: He wants to try to talk Oliv out of her suicidal quest of facing the guy who cursed her.))

Brief story description: Lets see.. in a nutshell: Drake and Oliv get cursed by some-evil-guy, and Oliv sets off after him to make him take the curse back. The curse makes Oliv blind, and Drake deaf. They make a discovery that it also gave them the ability to communicate with each other via thoughts - and if they hold hands (Or make physical 'Contact'!) Drake can hear again if Oliv is covering her ears, and Oliv can see again if Drake is closing his eyes. While it's something, it's still not the solution Oliv wants and so she is determined more than anything to kick the evil guys butt and force him to take his curse back. Drake is like wow he gave us a curse and said he was being NICE - if we meet him again he is going to kill us, no stop Oliv come back.

Hahaha... SILLY nutshell of a description - but the story is really much bigger and .. tooo much going on to explain briefly XD They meet lots of other characters along the way and it's ah big ol adventure story. I'm excited to get working on it - but I need to finish up my Jackie webcomic up first aahh~ Someday soon though- someday sooon - coming soon to a website near you!
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:08 pm

ooh, looks interesting, Sky! 8D

(added all these new characters to the q&a list :> )
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Growmf_by_varethane-d4rp3wd

name: Kyte

story title: Wychwood!

personality: He's a bit of a sarcastic jerk-- before his capture he was a dutiful and ambitious soldier, and after his capture he was a bitter and silently manipulative prisoner who did everything he could to disconcert his captors. He's not made of stone, though, and much as he tries to deny it he can be fond and affectionate, and even come to realize that his side of the war was not necessarily in the right either.

family/relationships: Within his own world before the Breach opened he had parents who raised him in the fashion usual for his kind-- that is, with fearsome protection when he was young, and then largely abandoning him to fend for himself once he was old enough. He hasn't seen them in years and didn't think too much about concepts like family for most of his life until after his capture. He began to develop a bit of a soft spot for the half-breed Felix, whom he recognized as an unwitting pawn of the enemy and a potential ally for his escape; gradually as they were allowed to spend more time in each other's company (ostensibly so that Kyte could train Felix in their species' shared abilities under highly controlled and observed conditions), he began to see the younger boy as a sort of brother.

occupation/hobbies: He was a soldier, and then he was a prisoner, and then he was a teacher. The conditions of his prolonged captivity mean that he doesn't really have much time for outward hobbies, although he dedicates a fair amount of his time to meditating and slowly planning his eventual escape.

goals/aspirations: He wants to get ouuuttt. Also over time he began to have the secondary goal of maybe breaking out Felix as well, not that the younger boy would necessarily agree with this-- he would settle for maybe revealing to the other just how much the people who raised him have been manipulating him, so that he could make an informed decision for himself.

What he'll do once/if he ever does get out..... he doesn't exactly know. Ostensibly he'll rejoin his own side?? He's been trying not to think too much about that, at least until it starts looking like freedom may be possible. Eighteen years is a long time.

brief story description: A rift opens up between a decaying alien world filled with chaotic magic and a mundane world very similar to our own (where magic has been long forgotten and humanity lives in modern cities full of skyscrapers and cars). The immediate invasion from the alien hordes desperate to escape their dying, crumbling planet on the brink of implosion distracts humanity from the bizarre new magical shit that is possible just long enough for them to almost be exterminated-- but a small group discovers a means to utilize the strange new energies just in time to fight back, and the invasion is turned back and the rift is patched (at least for a time). Kyte is one of the alien invaders who was captured early on, and the one the human defense organization decided to keep awake rather than putting into stasis for the purpose of study.

Then a bunch of other shit happens.
Back to top Go down
twocue

twocue

Art Gallery : http://two-cue.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:00 am

I hope it's ok to post! It looked like fun and sdjghfkjsdg I thought I'd post Rensfield since I have so much fun with him ^^

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 New_hands_by_two_cue-d5sa3ko

name: Rensfield

personality: For the most part of his life he had a pretty pleasant outlook on life and was very open and sociable. He was for a time pretty bitter, but eventually his old personality won over and he is pretty outgoing again.

family/relationships: Rensfield If very close to a bunny lady named Seliari and another bunny lady named Wus. They are very dear friends to him. He is also friends with Zamouns, a dragon dude who happens to be a pretty skilled inventor!

occupation/hobbies: Rensfield use to be a magican until an incident with the king. He never knew any real magic but enjoyed making kids happy with the tricks. Eventually he went to work in a toyshop. As for hobbies, he still enjoys learning new tricks and spending lots of time with Seliari.

goals/aspirations: Simply to live a normal life from here on out!

brief story description: one day while performing, a King happened to be present and was amused by the magic. He invited him to the castle to preform. The king, who had actually believe the magic to be... well MAGIC... happened to catch something up Rensfield sleeve. He had Rensfield taken away by one of his servants. HI was one of Dae's cruelest servants so to please the king cut off Rensfields hands. Dae was indeed amused and then had HI take Rensfield away. on their way, Rensfield was able to escape and became lost in a Haunted Wood and was possessed by a ghost. Wus found him and took care of him until she was able to banish the ghost from him. She taught him how to live without hands and years later when Seliari was free the two met again and now live happily together. One day they happened to meet Zamouns who eventually was able to make Rensfield some new hands!

And this is the first page to his lil comic I made
http://two-cue.deviantart.com/art/Magic-1-345009551
In case you are interested ^^
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 am

Yesss more characters! XD Hehe poor Rensfield, I'm glad he was able to overcome the depression that was being hand-less and unjustifiably mistreated.
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:00 am

Woooo more characters! 8D

D'you want to be added to the character Q&A thread too? :B

(speaking of which I ought to make replies to that last batch of questions I received, hurrrrrr. Sky I saw them and the bonus question and it made me all but choke with laughter but I've had no time to answer them yet (or to be more accurate on the few occasions that I did have time it had fled my mind) 8C SOON THOUGH)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:17 am

Eeeheheh XD I look forward to Astrid (and possibly scarf) replies~!
Back to top Go down
twocue

twocue

Art Gallery : http://two-cue.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:11 am

sure thing man ^^!
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:24 am

Okay, added him to the Q&A! I'd love to see that game get moving again. :> (Perhaps I'll do another intro soon myself...)

And yes, feel free to post as much as you like! We're not an exclusive club; anyone is welcome to post about their characters here C:
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:07 am

so I was going to intro someone else, but Thane told me to intro the spacepilot instead (despite him having no name and no decent reference art). so here he is! I'll probably update later with coloured art Now with updated art!

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Tumblr_ms331qOSrs1rcsmslo1_r1_500
name: Elizabeth (no it ain't)
story title: Celestials
personality: He's a grumpy space zombie. He avoids getting close to people and prefers to keep to himself (for practical reasons as well as just... not liking people); he's bitter and doesn't really trust himself at all.
family/relationships: He has no family; the only person he is close to is the broken android he retrieved from some ruins. (Her name is Sanumati; he calls her Matty-- her body is completely nonfunctional but her mind is still active; he connected her systems to other machinery to enable communication. She looks out for him like a big sister and pilots his ship, which is where he lives.) He also knows a weird guy called Alioth, whom he sometimes works for (but knows nothing about).
occupation/hobbies: He flies a space plane! He is a really excellent pilot, one of the best there is, and he's not bad at fighting either. Sometimes he works as a bounty hunter or mercenary as well.
goals/aspirations: His ultimate goal is to repair his android friend... which is very difficult since she isn't built at all like normal androids and is far more sophisticated than anything else he's ever seen (and he's not very good at android-building to start with).
brief story description: It's still really rough; I don't have much beyond what I've already mentioned. (But you can bet that lots of zombie shenanigans will be involved!)

Last edited by Duskglass on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 pm

HmmHmmm I'm cuurious! Why and/or how IS he a zombiie? Or is that revelation part of some super serious backstory plot hehe XD

Also I've already introduced all my favorite/most actively though about characters of mine but hmmm! Maybe I'll bring some out of the corners of my minds and give them some spotlight again hehe

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Some_new_guys_by_sky665-d4kfv18

Name: Fira (Cat lady mage) Braydon (The dude with the donkey)
Story title: Untitled
Personality: Fira is a very confident individual who aims to be the BEST MAGE SHE CAN BEEE. She's full of spice, sugar and everything nice-haa. Just, a really outgoing young lady who wants to do right in the world.

Braydon is pretty calm and quiet, keeps-to-himself type of person. He's a traveling merchant with the dream of opening up his own store some day. Takes pride in his merchant skills, always being able to get the best deals and sales wherever he goes.
Family/relationships: Heeh, the most obvious relationship is the one between Braydon and Fira. They're really good friends and partners. (Probably a little bit more than that as the story goes oon) Fira met him while traveling to a town for her mages quest. He was attacked by some thugs and lost most all of his wares and his favorite donkey. And she offered to help him, but he was super hesitant and untrusting of her intentions at first. But eventually they became good friiends!

Other then that - Fira's parents are dead. She has an adoptive father whom she loves and adores and is the reason she wants to be the best mage in the world. Braydon just has a dad, his mum died when he was pretty young. And other than that they have no more friends/relations

Occupation/hobbies: Fira = Mage. Braydon = Merchant XD

Goals/aspirations: Fira = BEST Mage. Braydon = BEST Merchant haha

Brief story description: ((Heheh WOW I forgot about how much this story actually had to it looking over my notes to remember hee.))

And double wow... since I haven't looked at this story since FOREVER I kind of ... did not write this description as briefly as I should have XD So TL;DR: A story about Fira and a little bit about her backstory. And how she meets Braydon. And how they go on adventures together and try to accomplish their goals.

Fooor anyone interested.. my long ramble-version of the desc under the cut:

Spoiler:

Oh no, this story was kept in the shadows for too long. I want to love these guys again UnU
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:54 pm

hoohoo! forbidden-love half-breeds are always fun 8) I always liked Fira's design a lot so it's cool to see more of her!

(shall I add them to the Q&A list? 8> and I will doodle up a response for that zombie question as well!)
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Hehe I'm glad! :3 And yes, go ahead and add 'em!
Back to top Go down
varethane

varethane

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:35 am

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Derps_by_varethane-d4zk2v9

(also here since I love drawing him with his wings oh yessss)

name: Kees

story title:
Clockwork (working title for a big sprawling rp I am doing with Duskglass :D)

personality: HE CRAZY YO. He's a cocky daredevil with a sarcastic streak; patriotic (though not immune to doubts about his nation's leadership) and extremely loyal to his friends and to what he considers to be his duty. He also tends to be inquisitive and when presented with a mystery will go out of his way to solve it. Likes to be the best at what he does, notably flying very fast through obstacles, and kicking everyone else's asses in fights.

He is not sensitive about being short at all. HE'S NOT. SHUT UP.

family/relationships: He was orphaned and taken in as a ward of the military at a very young age, and raised to be an elite soldier; his 'family', such as it is, are those few of the other children who made it through the training (and subsequent mechanical augmentations and their attendant surgical complications), and the odd superior officer who decided to occasionally offer warmth or mentorship to the children rather than strictly following orders and nothing more.

occupation/hobbies: Doing what he is told on missions, finding ways to do what he likes the rest of the time (this is made somewhat easier by the fact that he and his friends had wings and enhanced strength and healing abilities, while their commanders did not-- as they grew older their small rebellions grew increasingly difficult for those in charge to detect, until eventually they gave up and allowed the group to mostly roam as they liked (it was put forth that this might help keep them from growing restless and genuinely rebellious).

goals/aspirations: He dunno. So long as he can still fly, he's happy doing whatever (so long as it is not reprehensible, anyway). For a little while in an older version of the story (after political turmoil caused him to separate from the military) he acted as a mercenary; his unique skills (and the fact that he is Da Best) allowed him to be choosy about who he took on as a client, and he very quickly discovered that he could make a lot of money. (His relationship to money is sort of odd, as he grew up without any conception of it as he never needed to buy things-- he had a vague conception that his wings were Expensive because occasionally it was mentioned in his hearing, but he never had a number to connect with that. It made for an interesting first month or two while he and his mercenarying partner figured out what these funny bits of paper and metal were worth).

brief story description: He has been in a bunch of stories, with a few key similarities... Mostly for the political stuff. The nation Kees grew up in is run by a fairly tyrannical and outdated monarchy; the current prince is covertly plotting regicide (along with the murder of the heir apparent), and another member of Kees's cell inadvertently finds out. This prompts the prince to arrange a nasty accident for the offender-- the accident (a botched 'mission') also claims Kees's arm, which ended up being replaced with prosthetics. (He lost the eye in a much earlier accident)

ANYWAY shit leads to other shit and Kees ends up on the run with a hunch that the prince is up to no good, which begins to turn into outright knowledge as he and he newfound buddy Conor (hahaha buddy is the wrongest word that ever wronged but whatever, they don't murder each other???) stumble upon more evidence of a conspiracy.

PREMIIIIISE gosh I am le tired. Hope I didn't forget too much shit.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:40 pm

resurrecting this topic!

Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Azi_san_ref_colours_by_phantomteacup-d66p6wk
names: Azi (white-haired lady) and San (black-haired kid)
story title: bc (THIS STORY WILL GET A REAL TITLE SOMEDAY SOB)
personality: Azi is a fierce hunter who is terrible at interacting with anyone in ways that don't involve fighting and breaking things, though she has a soft spot for people in trouble, especially if they are unable to defend themselves. (She hates anyone who picks on the weak or experiments on living things. She sees it as her duty to help people, just as others helped and protected her when she was too young and weak to defend herself.) San is just a silly kid-- he likes playing pranks on people and he rarely takes anything seriously, though he's loyal and will fight to protect his friends even if it means getting hurt in the process. (I guess they're both dorky hero types, hahaha)
family/relationships: Azi has a big bro whom she hardly remembers. (The last time she saw him there were enemies after them; he made her hide and went to fight them, and never returned. She was too young to understand at the time but has come to realise he sacrificed himself to save her.) She sort of adopted San when she found him all alone and injured in the forest. (San has a bunch of half-siblings and other family-- but he's never met them and at the beginning of the story he has no idea they exist.)
occupation/hobbies: Azi was experimented on for awhile and her occupation is going around and trying to fuck up everything those people are trying to accomplish. Both of them spend a lot of time traveling around and exploring ruins and fighting monsters!
goals/aspirations: Azi's goals are the same as her occupation: defeating the bad guys and rescuing their victims. She doesn't actually know what their goals are and doesn't care; even if the end result would be positive she doesn't believe in ends-justify-the-means philosophies. San wants to find her again after she went missing, and he's also curious about his origins.
brief story description: Azi found San injured and alone in the wilderness, and took care of him and taught him to speak and fight and survive in the wild. (Before she found him he was... essentially feral; he had been held prisoner his entire life until he cracked and escaped.) But Azi couldn't take a kid on her missions to fight bad guys (and they were always coming after her because she was such a big problem for them) so once he was capable of taking care of himself she left to keep him out of danger. He wants to find her again! The story is also about him finding his family and learning to use his hidden powers, and the adventures he has along the way.
Back to top Go down
Zamorack

Zamorack

Art Gallery : http://the-paige-meister.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:43 am

Internet and PC are being mean, but I'll upload a picture very soon!

name: Shiva

story title: Kondaina Supesu, an RP I'm working on with some friends

personality: Shiva is very calm and joyful, but she is not exuberant. She displays a quiet and even shy nature in large crowds and around people she knows little about. She is rarely angry or furious, but she can display annoyance and impatience. However, she loves children so much that she is known to be merciless and cruel to people who would abuse them. Shiva does have bouts of stubbornness and being "power-drunk". She's also respectful and humorous, and knows when the joke is over. Despite her complete lack of a sexual orientation (and ultimately, a sex-drive), she will become flirtatious and "sexual" to trick enemies (or friends if she's bored). Overall, she is a pleasant person to be around and to speak to. Her alignment is Chaotic Good      

family/relationships: Shiva knows many, but she seems to only have a small group of friends, as she has no blood-relations. She sees Kyne as an intellectual equal and her best friend. She has taken something of a guardian or a "big sister" role with Mamoru, as he is much younger than her or Kyne. Her current Apprentice, Veronica, is also somewhat cared for by Shiva, as she does this with all her younger Apprentices.

occupation/hobbies: Shiva is, to put it simply and as bluntly as possible, Darkness and Cold. The body that she created is used as a hub and she (not "it", as her personality depicts her as female, not her body) has developed a personality just like any other sentient being. Besides this, Shiva also is the Aspect (or idea) of Law and Defence, meaning that she is also the reason that law and order exists within her Universe. Because of this, she has taken the role of General of the Guard in the Nexxus (her home), as well as Nexxian executioner and interrogator. She is also a detective and a lawyer. She enjoys virology and genetics, and likes to spend some of her free time developing new strains of viruses that could help her people. She can't help building huge stacks of cups and silverware to make large towers in her kitchen.

goals/aspirations: Many of her goals relate to her occupation. She hopes that child abuse will stop in all corners of her home and the World Down Below. She also wishes to find a way to stop biting her tongue.

brief story description: When the Universe exploded into existence, Shiva, along with Kyne and Mamoru, were also brought into existence as the three main factors of the Universe. After gaining physical forms after billions of dormant solar years, they happened across a planet with sentient creatures and, after falling to the planet after getting in closer for a look, they gained human forms. Before this, they had created the "Nexxus": a huge country floating above the planet in another plane of existence. After twenty-nine years of learning and wandering, they realized what they truly were, and found their way back to the Nexxus. They shared technology and knowledge with the primitives, and over the course of time, developed a friendly bond with the natives of the planet.    
Sorry for the text wall, that was the shortest explanation I've given o.o
Shit does hit the fan multiple times in different Arcs for the Nexxians, but those are more textwalls yaddahyaddhayaddah...

AHH FORGOT THIS MORE STUFF HERE INCLUDING QUESTIONS

Last edited by Zamorack on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Would you like me to add Shiva to the Q&A topic? C:

And just a quick note--
Zamorack wrote:
Despite her complete lack of a sexual orientation (and ultimately, a sex-drive), she will become flirtatious and "sexual" to trick enemies (or friends if she's bored).
Not experiencing sexual attraction actually is an orientation; the word you're looking for is 'asexual'. :> (and some asexuals are still interested in romance without the sex, while others simply form meaningful relationships in other ways.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Characters!   Introduce your Characters! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce your Characters!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next