SS4A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for artists to hang out.

HomeHome  About Us  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Update on status of SS4A.
General Chat Forum - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 pm

» Secret Santa Exchange 2015
General Chat Forum - Page 2 Emptyby Selini Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

» 3 More Days!
General Chat Forum - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

» Monthly Art Challenges!
General Chat Forum - Page 2 Emptyby Kynale Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

» Secret Santa Participants 2015 (Post here to be added!)
General Chat Forum - Page 2 Emptyby SpiffyChicken Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:52 pm

» Random Images
General Chat Forum - Page 2 Emptyby sky665 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

General Chat Forum

Go down 
+5
Kynale
Duskglass
varethane
sky665
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Duskglass

Duskglass

Art Gallery : tumblr artblog

General Chat Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:00 am

that's only in 2 weeks anyway xD

....ehhhh. idk. I don't like making a bunch of posts in a row in some topics because it's not really in the spirit... like the art threads are about everyone sharing art and I hate feeling like I'm taking over the thread. :C
(and then most of the other topics, like the Q&A or the character above you, can't be sustained by only 1 or 2 people....)

I guess... I'm here to talk to people not just show off and post all my own work? If no one else seems interested I lose interest in making the posts as well-- it's actually a peeve of mine when people on forums only come around to post their stuff and never show an interest in anyone else's.
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

Art Gallery : dA, tumblr

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah, I see what you mean. x.x Honestly, I don't think you're taking over any threads, though I feel bad about the lack of response. ><; Maybe other people are shy? (I know I tend to silently admire works in the art threads... maybe I should voice my thoughts more often. XD; ) Or we just need more people here in general. x.x I'm sorry though...
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 2:07 am

well, I know with art threads there's sometimes the sense of 'but I can't reply to this topic unless I have something to post too!' ...but I've posted in art topics many times just to give feedback xD;; I'd rather have an art topic with discussion but not necessarily new art in every post, especially if the alternative is people only stopping by when they have something to share, dropping the pic in the topic, and moving on. (I'm not picking on anyone here but I've seen people on other forums literally only posting when it's to show off their own work. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth because the point of forums is to talk; if I just wanted to share and didn't care about the dialogue I'd post it to a gallery site.)

...but I mean if you're busy with real life stuff, that's more important and you should never feel bad or guilty for not posting as much. take it easy and start posting again when you're ready c:
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:58 pm

That's true, we would like to invite discussion in those kinds of threads so people don't feel that they can only post there if they have art to share. (Which I have felt most of the time... orz) Maybe inside the topic somewhere we can say something like "discussion/feedback is welcomed and encouraged" just in case. Or I dunno. ><

Yeah, but I'll try to set aside some time real soon. ;o; I may not have much art to share at the moment, but I'd like to help move things along if I can.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

Art Gallery : DeviantArt

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Yeah, I've felt the same as Selini... there are actually lots of times I want to post in those threads and comment on people's art, but then I feel bad that I'm not sharing anything myself. I'd always worry people would get annoyed if I was only commenting. XD; But you're right, I think the threads would be better with more comments and discussion!

I'll try to do the same as Sel too. ^^; Especially once we start preparing for the SS and getting people back in, I really want to encourage people to be active and post.
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:07 pm

There's also the writing forum for non-art-focused topics, though it's probably in need of some fresh threads...
And it's stated in the Q&A OP that text-only responses are fine, especially if you're short on time. c: So feel free to post a text-only response if it's looking like you won't have time to draw it out!

(And on that note, minimum requirement for character above is technically a clean sketch, despite the majority going way beyond this. Just in case that's holding people back.)

Maybe I'll post a new writing forum thread later... any topics in particular you'd all like to see covered?
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Ah that's right. I can't seem to think of any thread ideas for the writer's forum, hm.. >< Unless you do a storytelling game like in the art forum, except with writing of course, hehe. XD But nothing in particular I can think of really.

Oh yes, the text-only posts, that's true. XD (Well... what I have planned can't really be expressed in text, but that's okay XD)

Finally finished one of my projects, so I should have a bit more time now. uwub
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 pm

I always thought it would be fun to have another questionnaire-type thread like the artist's one Selini made, but for the writing forum. Maybe focused on stories or OCs.

Though I guess we already have those question threads for world-building and OCs now, which is kinda similar in idea.

(Speaking of which, I'd still love to have more of the art questionnaires in the future, too. n.n I just love answering questions and filling out things like that for some reason.)

Sorry I don't have any other ideas popping to mind at the moment, but honestly I'd be happy with any new writing forum thread! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:05 am

I prefer the topics that stimulate discussion (or at least interaction) in the writing forum... in my experience questionnaire topics often degrade into people just filling out the answers without really bothering to read other people's answers-- I like the character Q&A topic because it's people asking characters specific questions that they're interested in seeing answered. It's not just an infodump, you know? (and I think the art and having in-character responses helps a lot too)

anyway I'm trying to think of topics to add in the writing forum, and my only ideas are specific aspects of worldbuilding, like magic, or fictional religions, or maps/geography... but then I'm not sure what's most relevant to people's stories, or what they find interesting and would be most into discussing xD;;
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Those all sound cool and interesting to me! Though yeah, it is hard to tell what would be relevant to other people's stories.

Another thing I just thought of: I noticed we don't really have a generic thread yet just for people to discuss what stories they're working on, maybe post about their goals and progress, stuff like that. I would find that really interesting, and also maybe encouraging because at the moment I don't really have anyone to talk to about my own progress and stuff. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Huh... that would be pretty cool! Sharing progress can be a great motivational factor too, just the idea that other people are interested in what you're working on... (It's not something I'd have thought of on my own because I do have a person I talk to about those things, but I can see how it would be helpful to those who don't :> )

There's also things like people's favourite storytelling mediums, prose or comics or whatever else... And peeves or 'guilty pleasure' tropes are always fun subjects too :U

but really, everyone should feel free to start the topics they'd like to see? otherwise I'm stuck guessing at what people would like to discuss, and writing OPs is hard enough as it is xD;;;
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Art Gallery : DA
Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Allow me to take the first be step in this new found place of sharing all things story related! XD
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Well Duskglass, you are quite good at making OPs! I agree though, everyone should feel welcome to make their own. I'll try to think of another to post soon myself.

Thanks for making that thread Sky, looks cool! I'll post in it soon, yaaay.

Oh, and yeah it would be fun to talk about different tropes, our peeves and "guilty pleasures" and whatnot hehe. I'd definitely enjoy that! Reminds me of the thread we had with favourite story telling elements. I really enjoyed that one.
Back to top Go down
thewishbunny

thewishbunny

Art Gallery : thewishbunny.deviantart.com
thewishbunny.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Selini wrote:
Ooh awesome. =D I still frequent Gaia, so I might try and advertise there if I can.
(Also if anyone is familiar with reddit.com let us know, because we've been wanting to use that as a means to spread the word as well... if possible. o: )

And nooo not at all! You are welcome to post as much as you want, really. ^^
I sorta stalked the thread way back xD
I'm relatively familiar with Reddit though I only use it for trading/giving away villagers from Animal Crossing LOL

If you'd like, I could help out with the Reddit advertising ;D
Back to top Go down
Duskglass

Duskglass

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 12:28 am

Yeah funny thing about that topic, I almost went ahead with peeves but I was worried it would be too negative of a note to start the forum on, so I went with favourites instead. xD
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:53 am

thewishbunny wrote:

I sorta stalked the thread way back xD
I'm relatively familiar with Reddit though I only use it for trading/giving away villagers from Animal Crossing LOL

If you'd like, I could help out with the Reddit advertising ;D
Oh cool! That would be great. ^^ Um, I or Kynale might contact you later with questions, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:57 am

Yes thewishbunny, that would be awesome! :DSel and I came so close to using it last year, but we just couldn't figure it out, and didn't want to do it wrong and get into trouble somehow... XD;

I'm so excited, I hope we're able to recruit lots of members and have a really good SS this year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:27 am

SO quiet friends! How's life been treating you?

Got any exciting plans coming up?

As for me, my only exciting things I'm looking forward to this year is HTTYD2, and Ape Con XD

Maybe I should go post some things in the gif thread too...
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Yes, it has been a little quiet around here... ><

Nothing much here, except for work. Wish I had something less boring to report. XD
Though we're going to go visit some theme parks soon when my brother comes to visit. And some other summer trips I'm looking forward to.

I'm curious to see HTTYD2 as well. o:
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Well, nice to hear from you guys, and I apologize for not posting much. ^^;

I've been going through kind of a rough time recently. My grandma went from perfect health when I saw her over Christmas to suddenly hospitalized last week and declining fast... She's my only living grandparent and the only one I was ever close with so this has been kinda tough.

And I feel so guilty because I can't even get time off work to see her. And... okay I was about to put a whole rant here about my awful work and managers but this probably isn't the place for that. XD; I need a new job, basically.

So on a brighter note, the weather is finally getting nice here after one of the most brutal winters ever. So that's been cheering me up a lot. I hope this summer will be a good one! Despite everything going on, I do feel pretty inspired lately for some reason. Been mostly channeling that into writing, but I'm hoping to find time to start drawing again too. I just haven't really felt like it in a while. x.x

There's a HTTYD2 coming out? XD Interesting. The first one was really cute.

That's cool that you're going to theme parks soon, Selini. I'm jealous, even though I don't like rides, I still like the atmosphere I guess? XD And I still always find fun things to go. My niece wanted to go to Universal so badly when we were in Florida to see the Harry Potter park, but it was just too dang expensive. D: I would have loved to go too. Maybe one day.

Really enjoying looking at everyone's art here as well as random images hehe. ^^
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Ooh what theme parks Selini?

And ooh man, I'm so sorry to hear about that Kynale! >n< I hope your Grandma can recover! I have nothing but empathy for you in a time like that. My grandma got diagnosed with alzheimer's I think like back in 2006? And it's like the worse disease ever because there's no getting better from it, she just gets worse and worse every year

I hope you can find that better job so you can spend more time with her maan! UnU

I think this COULD be a place to vent about things like this though, if we wanted! I know there's another site I visit that has a board in the forums that's for venting and rants. And I have to admit, I have posted a bit in there from time to time and it kind of helps, I think XD Maybe we could start up something like that? Also another board thats mean for posting more "positive" vents as well for good things that happened to you you want to share, if that seems too negative eheh.
Back to top Go down
Kynale

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks Sky... and wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma as well. =( Alzheimer's is such a cruel and heartbreaking disease.

And that's true, maybe we can make a thread for ranting/venting or something like that. I think we used to have one like that way back in the old Gaia guild. It can be nice to have a place to get things off your chest now and then. ^^; I don't have many people to talk to lately about what's been going on so it's sort of bottled up inside. I like the idea of having one for "positive" vents too, to balance things out, that's neat.

Thanks though, I really hope I find a new job soon too. x.x
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:56 am

I'm so sorry about your grandmother Ky. =( That sucks about your job not giving you some time off either. *kicks your managers*

Sorry to hear your grandmother has Alzheimer's, sky. That is quite a tragic disease. :c I fear my own grandmother may be headed in that direction...

And I agree about a rant thread. It would be good to have one.

We'll be going to Orlando for Universal Studios and  Disney. ^^ And yeah Ky the parks are indeed getting more expensive. @-@ My sis actually won free tickets to Universal from a radio contest so we really lucked out there. I'm sorry your niece didn't get a chance to go. ;-; Hopefully next time!

Also Ky, if you ever need someone to talk to or to listen, feel free to message me anytime. Or you can always post. I hope your grandmother will be okay.
Back to top Go down
sky665

sky665

Tumblr
Webcomics

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Oh wow, you won a radio contest!? X'D That's so lucky!
Back to top Go down
Selini

Selini

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Yup my sis did. ^^ She's always entering contests and things. Guess it finally paid off. *u* I should try doing more contests too, hm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat Forum   General Chat Forum - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat Forum
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next